Jelly Bean bugs/issues

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, discovered the same thing with the blue tooth and voice typing while traveling today. So, did the programming team's discussion go like the following? "Hands free with blue tooth does not work the the device, but the microphone input is still working, so let's block that also when blue tooth is connected'" Feels like just bad programming idea.

Tomab

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't delete any of my seven screens, I only use five, but when I minimize into a group of 7 on the screen and try to drag one of the blank screens into the trash, my phone locks up and I get a message that touchwiz has crashed, I click ok and the phone goes right back to working, but I can't get rid of an unused screen yet. I guess I am stuck with 7 for now until a patch is released.

Same problem here. Using TouchWiz, whenever you drag a page to the trash can, a message pops up saying touchwiz crashed. Any workarounds to delete a blank page (no icons)?

edit: see my next post regarding changing the animations.

Last edited:

Tomab

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Go to the developer options under settings, and change the animations to 10x. it will be slow, but go back and it should delete the extra pages. After change them back.
Dont know why or how, but it worked for me.

This worked for me. For some reason it didn't work the first time I tried it - touchwiz was still crashing. But after I let the phone sit for 5 minutes (after changing the animations) then deleting the pages worked. Very strange.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My Lock screen wallpaper keeps randomly going back to the default flower picture....I have to reset it back to what I want it about once a week

Shelley Rees

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I was so in love with my Galaxy S3 until this stupid Jelly Bean update! Now my battery is awful, the phone resets randomly every day, I can't listen to music without causing a reset...I HATE it. I've read that a corrupt file on the SD card causes the music/reset problem, but this never happened once before the JB update, so what corrupted the file? I have not tried a hard reset--I guess I'll do that tonight--but I've seen plenty of people with these same issues who tried the reset and got no joy, so I'm apprehensive about how mad I'm going to be if that doesn't work. Sync doesn't work now; the Samsung account screen says that sync will be back shortly. I use the Google calendar, and I like for it to sync across all my devices. Why doesn't it work suddenly? I have found nothing to like about JB. Nothing. I cannot use my phone the way I could before. GAH. SUCK.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I was so in love with my Galaxy S3 until this stupid Jelly Bean update! Now my battery is awful, the phone resets randomly every day, I can't listen to music without causing a reset...I HATE it. I've read that a corrupt file on the SD card causes the music/reset problem, but this never happened once before the JB update, so what corrupted the file? I have not tried a hard reset--I guess I'll do that tonight--but I've seen plenty of people with these same issues who tried the reset and got no joy, so I'm apprehensive about how mad I'm going to be if that doesn't work. Sync doesn't work now; the Samsung account screen says that sync will be back shortly. I use the Google calendar, and I like for it to sync across all my devices. Why doesn't it work suddenly? I have found nothing to like about JB. Nothing. I cannot use my phone the way I could before. GAH. SUCK.

Sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense. There are millions of users that are running great with none of your issues. If I had your problems, I would be into a local Sprint store immediately. JB causes none of these issues. My best guess is that there was some data that was corrupted during the transition stage. You probably have some problems that can be easily fixed by a rep at your local Sprint store. If they cannot fix these issues, they will replace your phone. My guess is that you will be walking out of the store with a phone that is working way faster and more efficient than your outdated ICS OS, and you will love your phone even more than before.

Albigger

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Shelley -

S3 had similar issues. Working perfectly till one night jelly bean update (installed on its own, by the way) and then anytime I ran an app it would lock up and reset 30 seconds into it. It was not the app, it did it on a number of different apps. Searched high and low on the internet and only found one other mention of a similar problem, yours is actually the 2nd similar case I've now heard, but no real solutions. Conveniently I also could not find any way to uninstall the update.

Tried flashing to a factory ROM that was non-wipe, but that didn't help, so had to factory reset. That fixed the problem, and I immediately went to software updates and rejected the update. I'd love to run JB (it runs fine on my Droid Razr HD Maxx) but it made the S3 totally unusable as it would lock and reboot all the time. Obviously this must be a pretty rare bug or we'd hear more about it with the volume of S3s that are out there, but I'll just wait for the next update and hope they fix it. Does anyone know if there is any way to make sure the phone doesn't auto update in the future?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Shelley -

S3 had similar issues. Working perfectly till one night jelly bean update (installed on its own, by the way) and then anytime I ran an app it would lock up and reset 30 seconds into it. It was not the app, it did it on a number of different apps. Searched high and low on the internet and only found one other mention of a similar problem, yours is actually the 2nd similar case I've now heard, but no real solutions. Conveniently I also could not find any way to uninstall the update.

Tried flashing to a factory ROM that was non-wipe, but that didn't help, so had to factory reset. That fixed the problem, and I immediately went to software updates and rejected the update. I'd love to run JB (it runs fine on my Droid Razr HD Maxx) but it made the S3 totally unusable as it would lock and reboot all the time. Obviously this must be a pretty rare bug or we'd hear more about it with the volume of S3s that are out there, but I'll just wait for the next update and hope they fix it. Does anyone know if there is any way to make sure the phone doesn't auto update in the future?

Actually if you would have left the update and just did a factory reset from the start you would have been perfectly fine with jb.

If your not on the current build of jb. You can't load an update.

Albigger

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually if you would have left the update and just did a factory reset from the start you would have been perfectly fine with jb.

If your not on the current build of jb. You can't load an update.

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not sure I follow. You say I could have done a factory reset which is what I did. I'm sure you're right that I could have loaded JB after that and it would have been fine, but I didn't want to chance it. And it didn't stop the fact that I had to do a reset and lose everything.

Your second statement I don't understand either. If I'm not on the current build, there are still OTA updates that push JB correct?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not sure I follow. You say I could have done a factory reset which is what I did. I'm sure you're right that I could have loaded JB after that and it would have been fine, but I didn't want to chance it. And it didn't stop the fact that I had to do a reset and lose everything.

Your second statement I don't understand either. If I'm not on the current build, there are still OTA updates that push JB correct?

You said you did a factory reset after flashing a no wipe rom. If you would have done the factory reset prior to flashing the no wipe rom, it would have been fixed and you wouldn't have had to flash the rom at all.

You stated you were going to stay away from jb until there is an update to fix your issues. That means you aren't currently on jb. If any update comes out to jb you won't be able to install that update. Updates are cumulative. So if you aren't currently up to date you can't install the next update that comes out.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey Skunk, I propose that we have a sticky that says.....

DO THIS AFTER YOU UPDATE TO JB........FACTORY RESET DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....this is just ridiculous!

Shelley Rees

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it's kind of ridiculous that I had to do a factory reset after an update. Because it's a pain in the ass to do a factory reset, and I got no instructions or information with the update that warned me that a reset would probably be necessary, so all I got was a load of hassle. I did the reset and my issues seem to be resolved so far, which is great, but the phone is no better than it was before, as far as I can tell, and the experience was annoying. If you don't want to waste your time with people you deem unworthy of it, just don't respond.

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey all
Since the JB, update my Galaxy III says that I have one unread txt message, even after a restore using Kies and deleting all my txt messages as well as removing battery and restarting the device...Any ideas ??? Please help

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it's kind of ridiculous that I had to do a factory reset after an update. Because it's a pain in the ass to do a factory reset, and I got no instructions or information with the update that warned me that a reset would probably be necessary, so all I got was a load of hassle. I did the reset and my issues seem to be resolved so far, which is great, but the phone is no better than it was before, as far as I can tell, and the experience was annoying. If you don't want to waste your time with people you deem unworthy of it, just don't respond.

The simple truth is, updates work better on a fresh phone. Think about it; how could every update be expected to go flawlessly with so many variables? There are no two phones exactly alike when multiple apps are installed, etc - there's no way every update could be expected to behave the same. Your best bet is always to factory reset. It just makes sense. Email, contacts and apps are ALL restorable - if you don't like setting up your settings again, I don't know what to recommend - there really aren't that many. Most apps have some sort of a backup system or data folders that can be restored to save your progress in games, etc...so it might be a little hassle but far less of one than what you were having after installing an update without a factory reset. ;)

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a calendar sync issue after the second JB update. Im' now on 4.1.2 ELL4.
I can't get the calendar to sync between my S3 (S Planner) and Google calendar. It worked flawlessly up till Jan 13th, but since than no sync. Suspect the latest update was installed on the 13th of Jan, but not sure. After updating to JB I performed a hard reset so I believe no 'leftovers' from ICS is causing this (volume up, home, power kind of reset)
I have two different Gmail accounts/ profiles (work/ private) - neither of them sync Disk and Calendar.

The same two profiles syncs flawlessly to my Galaxt Tab 10.1 on ICS, so I suspect this is related to JB or S3 - or maybe both

Anyone else experiencing such problem? Any ideas on how to rectify?

OddGirlName

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had the stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 from kies for 2 days (thanks T-Mobile UK for being so slow there) and have noticed that when I receive a call and the phone is in sleep and the screen is black I can hear it ringing but get no options on screen to answer for a couple of seconds before it comes on. Done a factory reset and nothing. Not noticed anyone else has this problem so maybe it's just my phone? Also I don't like that I cant use my volume keys on the side to turn it right down to no sound no vibration anymore, I have to use the power button. Not the worst thing but still annoying.

Have a Galaxy SIII

Soul Luvable

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Clock doesn't keep proper time and date. I am with Sprint and I've had the Galaxy S3 since it came on the market. I didn't experience this problem until the software updated to jellybean. I've called Sprint several times with this issue and the response is nil. I've done a hard reset, but to no avail. Sprint's tech support suggested that I do a network reset ##72 78 6# and that didn't work either. I've even tried taking it off the network sync just to see if the phone would keep time from the internal clock, and no luck. The time and the date will not keep, this disrupts the text message order also.

Last edited:

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't think he was saying it was ridiculous that you didn't know but that the amount of problems that are solved with one are. I could be wrong tho lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

khull808

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Evo 4g lte users are also having issues with the jelly bean update. I so far have not updated mine because of all this update crap. It is frustrating many of us. I know with the evo, people are complaining about the screen going black when making calls and the proximity sensor being messed up.

Sent from my Evo 4g lte using tapatalk 2.

Instagram & EyeEm: kristenhull

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/kristennakasone