Stock Alarm Clock Only stay on for 1 minute?

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue? No matter what settings I change the alarm only stays on for 30 seconds to 1 minute. I don't understand why.

Someone please help!

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't ever needed it to go longer than a couple of seconds to wake me up...and usually it's the quiet alarm that wakes me. Maybe try out some alarm clock from the Play store?

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I really like the stock app and don't prefer using another app. I wish I was a light sleeper like you. Anyone know if this is a known bug?

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is a bug. I have the same problem. What I do is set the most obnoxious, loudest alarm/ringtone/notification sound as my alarm and I put my phone on my iPad (or whatever else I might have on my night stand) with the speaker hanging off of of the iPad (or whatever else I have on my night stand) so the sound of the alarm will be loud as possible.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the above comment, something annoying as hell will always make you wake up.. I have mine set on bugs story, which is a stock ringtone, but i'm sure through the Zedge app or others, you could find an air horn, police siren, gunshots, something else that'll leave you no choice but to wake up

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
F that Tat. I don't wanna wake up and punch the girl sleeping next to me! bwhaha. SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE HOW TO KEEP THIS THANG ON LONGER THAN 1 FREAKIN MINUTE!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
F that Tat. I don't wanna wake up and punch the girl sleeping next to me! bwhaha. SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE HOW TO KEEP THIS THANG ON LONGER THAN 1 FREAKIN MINUTE!

Try creating your own alarm tone that is longer than a minute in length. I don't know if that will work or not but it is worth a try.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
hmm that's a least a work around till Sammy wakes up and lets us choose how long of duration we want it to be! I have the ocean sounding alarm and I love it but it stops when it shouldn't.

whybother666

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
My Android has a feature called smart alarm. You can't choose from all the Normal rings, there are only 6. But you can set a pre ring, for up to 30minute's. So turn it on set your alarm for 30 minit's later than you wanted and get 30 minis of alarm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress