Please someone make a "How To" on how to solve Media bug...

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It keeps re appearing every 2-3 days and now it's kinda starting to tick me off. I'm totally stock and I manually DL'ed JellyBean on the SD Card. Someone please help? Thanks.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you Joe! We need to get to the bottom of this. I reseted and reformatted and its now back. This leads me to believe that it may possibly be a Jelly Bean issue since I hardly have any apps installed.

View attachment 45457

Screenshot_2012-11-09-10-21-26[1].png

WHAT THE HELL is this 'MEDIA SERVER'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you Joe! We need to get to the bottom of this. I reseted and reformatted and its now back. This leads me to believe that it may possibly be a Jelly Bean issue since I hardly have any apps installed.

Wait.... so you reformatted and factory reset your phone and are STILL dealing with this issue?!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Media server is nothing more than an android service that is needed for playing any media on an android os.

Try this. Menu / app manager / all tab / media storage / force stop / clear data.

Or if you are rooted and have titanium backup, you can try this: freeze media storage. I don't know that this will help but it's all I have at this point...

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Media server is nothing more than an android service that is needed for playing any media on an android os.

Try this. Menu / app manager / all tab / media storage / force stop / clear data.

Or if you are rooted and have titanium backup, you can try this: freeze media storage. I don't know that this will help but it's all I have at this point...

I don't have any media though, that's the thing. I only have pictures and 3-4 videos, which I rarely ever play... so i just don't get it lol.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Skunk! Is there anything else you think I should keep my eye on?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up... Freezing media storage is not the answer. It won't allow you to save screen shots or pictures or anything.

I just don't feel this media server is an issue. I have been seeing it on every android phone I've had. Some times it's there and sometimes no. It just depends on how much media has been accessed.

You look at a picture it accesses media server. You listen to music out accesses media, your alarm clock rings it accesses media. Picasso uploads a photo it accesses media, you change a wallpaper it accesses media. Your notification sound goes off guess what? It accesses media.

I've pretty much let this run it's course but at this point I have to say you guys are on a witch hunt.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 45457

View attachment 45458

You were definitely playing music at some time. (Music Player has been used). I noticed that Music Player does not shut itself off so go to the task manager and shut it off manually. That will probably shut down media server. On a good note, it really is not draining your battery. 2.5 hours and still have 92% left is damn good. :) People have the misconception that when they see a large number on Battery for a particular process, it's time to panic, but in reality it is just the percentage of all processes running on your system for a particular time period which in this case is using very little resources.