GS3 just will NOT connect to PC..

cbass6411

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've re installed drivers multiple times... USB debugging is enabled...restarted computer multiple times...The phone won't connect on any other computer also.

So I'm guessing it's a problem in the phone somewhere..?

The computer also says USB not recognized.

This pisses me off because I really want to root this phone....

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Windows 8? Windows 8 is not compatible with the Samsung drivers and you will have to load them in compatibility mode.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope Windows 7 Home Premium..I'm always having some kind of issue it seems like.. lmao.

Here's what you need to do. Windows updates your usb drivers all the time and it sucks because it never fails to mess up the Samsung drivers. Here's what you should consider doing.
1. go to your computers control panel / add and remove software (win xp) or programs and features windows 7.
2. Uninstall Kies and Samsung drivers.
3. When complete, restart computer and phone.

Download these Drivers

4. Install the drivers on your computer but do not plug in your phone until it has completed.
5. plug in your phone that is already started. It should now recognize your phone and at the bottom right corner say it is installing the software for your phone. click on view details. Several drivers should load and as it progresses green checks will appear when successful.
Now you should be able to continue. Here is my guide to the root the AT&T Version. All required files and detailed instuctions can be found there. If you have any problems feel free to contact me through that thread. I am subscribed to that thread and will received notifications.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
When you connect your phone, do you see the pop up in the notifications area? And are you doing the pull down to select it so you can tell the phone to go into ptp or mtp protocols? By the way, I am using Windows 8 Pro 64bit and have no problems with my GSIII.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried all steps above, and still nothing :/

To keep windows from updating the drivers:

-Right click on my computer and choose properties.
-advanced system settings from left side of window.
-from the hardware tab click "device installation settings"
-select "no,... Never install driver software from windows update.

Remove kies and samsung drivers. Reboot computer.

Reinstall drivers.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Here's what you need to do. Windows updates your usb drivers all the time and it sucks because it never fails to mess up the Samsung drivers. Here's what you should consider doing.
1. go to your computers control panel / add and remove software (win xp) or programs and features windows 7.
2. Uninstall Kies and Samsung drivers.
3. When complete, restart computer and phone.

Download these Drivers

4. Install the drivers on your computer but do not plug in your phone until it has completed.
5. plug in your phone that is already started. It should now recognize your phone and at the bottom right corner say it is installing the software for your phone. click on view details. Several drivers should load and as it progresses green checks will appear when successful.
Now you should be able to continue. Here is my guide to the root the AT&T Version. All required files and detailed instuctions can be found there. If you have any problems feel free to contact me through that thread. I am subscribed to that thread and will received notifications.

Thanks,i too am going to have to try this when i get home

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
If you have ever had Kies on your pc, try the Iobit cleaner which scrubs the registry and use the force uninstall to remove all traces of Kies.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but have you tried a different cable? Ideally you should try one that you know works with another device.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums