Sprint HTC One - MEID DEC label on the aluminum back

newyorker545

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When I first pulled out the phone in unboxing, I noticed the MEID DEC 18 digit number label on the back of the phone. Usually this is found somewhere in the battery compartment, but since the phone is sealed it makes sense to have this label on the outside. None of the pre-release pictures of the Sprint One version showed this label.

My question is, should I peel it off or leave it on?

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I peeled it off and stuck it on the box. I am pretty sure it is somewhere on the box as well. It can also be found in Settings, About, Phone Identity section.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When I first pulled out the phone in unboxing, I noticed the MEID DEC 18 digit number label on the back of the phone. Usually this is found somewhere in the battery compartment, but since the phone is sealed it makes sense to have this label on the outside. None of the pre-release pictures of the Sprint One version showed this label.

My question is, should I peel it off or leave it on?

It's just a sticker. The imei is also in the "about" section of the phone. It's not big deal. IPhone don't have a removable battery but the imei isn't plastered on the outside. I mean I guess it would help the carrier or HTC identify if the device couldn't be turned on but if yours is anything like Att you should have also received a stick in the box that has the info which would be used in the time of repair.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I peeled it off and stuck it on the box. I am pretty sure it is somewhere on the box as well. It can also be found in Settings, About, Phone Identity section.

Mine had the sticker on the back, imei on the box and another sticker inside the box. Talk about overkill. Lol. I remember when the only way you could find it was removing the battery.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa