Best Buy "No Orders Found"?

mikefrc31984

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I am very frustrated. I just called to try and get an instore pickup. The lady told me to try back in an hour. I will call back and make a big stink.

The phone is available at like every store in Michigan. This is what it says on the Best Buy website.

Shipping: Due to high demand, slight shipping delays are possible.
A signature is required for delivery of this item.
Estimate Arrival Time
Im furious we were suppose to have it TODAY!

Jawbox

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not happy about the delay but I just got my tracking number from best buy tonight. I guess I'll have to wait it out now. I ordered online 10/18

sljohnson84

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got my tracking number. I apologize I was overreacting. I've waited since the phone debuted in august what's a few more days?

No, I feel the same way. I still don't have a tracking number but I was told in one of my 3 calls to BB today that it WAS being shipped and I should have it no later than Wednesday. I was hoping to have it THIS weekend to have fun all weekend. Oh well....I really tried to cancel my order to be able to pick it up in the store today but yeah, "in progress" and too late.

Bummed about BestBuy.com...

Posted via Android Central App

mikefrc31984

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
No, I feel the same way. I still don't have a tracking number but I was told in one of my 3 calls to BB today that it WAS being shipped and I should have it no later than Wednesday. I was hoping to have it THIS weekend to have fun all weekend. Oh well....I really tried to cancel my order to be able to pick it up in the store today but yeah, "in progress" and too late.

Bummed about BestBuy.com...

Tell me about it. I requested Friday and Saturday off!! (Friday b/c it requires a signature and Saturday to play with)

I called 3times today. I have already wrote a letter, just need to edit and email it.
Am i wrong? Didn't you guys expect it ON release day as well?

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Tell me about it. I requested Friday and Saturday off!! (Friday b/c it requires a signature and Saturday to play with)

I called 3times today. I have already wrote a letter, just need to edit and email it.
Am i wrong? Didn't you guys expect it ON release day as well?

Yep, never doing a pre-order from best buy again....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I went to a best buy store and they had them in stock and cancelled my online order and they have a $50 gift card only to be used towards the purchase of the phone when you trade in a working phone so the total out the door price was $57! By the way I traded in an old 10 year old Sanyo 5600 from almost ten years ago.Lol... this actually worked better for me. And this phone flies and so far battery is absolutely incredible!

sljohnson84

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I went to a best buy store and they had them in stock and cancelled my online order and they have a $50 gift card only to be used towards the purchase of the phone when you trade in a working phone so the total out the door price was $57! By the way I traded in an old 10 year old Sanyo 5600 from almost ten years ago.Lol... this actually worked better for me. And this phone flies and so far battery is absolutely incredible!

Sorry, no offense to you, but I'm sick of hearing how people were able to cancel their online order so they could buy in store. They wouldn't let me cancel with 3 phone calls nor could the store rep get them to.

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email that my order has been delayed - they'll get it to me within the next "30 days" though *roll eyes*

My store has it in stock - I'm going to try doing that.

Elton

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I would. Why wait?

Called up BB and they pretty readily canceled the order for me, no problems. I just put in the order online for in store pickup and I got an email saying to wait before I come in the store because they're preparing the item still since it's a "preorder" item =P Oh well, as long as I can get my phone tonight I don't care how many emails they send me. The order stills says that it'll be ready today

Elton

sljohnson84

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
This is really crazy BB. Congrats to all those Sprinters who already got your phones. My consolation is only that mine is being delivered today (Tuesday) according to my tracking email. I'm sure the wait is worth it. And I certainly feel for you guys who have yet to get your G2's. Hang in there, we'll all have one soon enough! (Hopefully before the next flagship device comes out by another company and makes us want to change our minds.)

Here's to the end my shift tomorrow when I won't be sleeping Tuesday night!

AMAI460

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Well my phone came yesterday. Tried to set it all up by myself and it wouldn't let me. So I had to go to BB anyway. They needed to call sprint and somewhere along the line the phone in my hand the one that was delivered to me was not registered to me. I was fuming mad. After all of this waiting the BB guy opened his case and gave me one fresh from the store.

sljohnson84

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Well my phone came yesterday. Tried to set it all up by myself and it wouldn't let me. So I had to go to BB anyway. They needed to call sprint and somewhere along the line the phone in my hand the one that was delivered to me was not registered to me. I was fuming mad. After all of this waiting the BB guy opened his case and gave me one fresh from the store.

One prob after another it seems. I certainly hope that won't be the case today for me cuz I wouldn't be able to make it to BB, b/c of work, until probably Thursday.

eptiger

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
While the craziness with the ordering process is obviously BB's fault, not sure whose fault the activation falls on. I understand now why in store pickup requires you to activate the phone in store - I'm really glad they helped me with it. She had a lot of troubles and she thought it was because the had to change my Everything 450 plan to a My Way plan, but she herself had to call up Sprint to discover that apparently something was funky with the Google Voice integration that had to be "upgraded" for the new phone. If you have Google Voice, I'd recommended disassociating it before you activate your G2, then activate it again once it's working.

Cheers,

Elton

PS I still didn't get an eGift Card. Did anyone else?

Last edited:

Jawbox

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
No gift card yet, but the phone came in yesterday (11/14). Activated and rooted, so far I'm happy with the upgrade from an iPhone 4S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress