LG G2: Anyone out there without a screen protector?

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I usually use one for the first year with a phone. But I didn't this time and so far so good (not even a case). Knock on wood!

Sent from my Tegra Note 7

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Check out the Incipio Dual Pro case, I got it on Amazon for $18. Not as good as an otterbox, but it definitely makes me feel safer with my phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980

The Incipio DualPro cases are awesome. Have one on my GS3 and my G2. (Same turquoise and gray color scheme)
I'm not using a screen protector at the moment. I'm waiting on that purchase. Besides, I'm a case and battery fanatic. (Buying the Zerolemon G2 case next week. OtterBox protection, built in screen protector, and 3500mAh battery built in the case.)

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Incipio DualPro cases are awesome. Have one on my GS3 and my G2. (Same turquoise and gray color scheme)
I'm not using a screen protector at the moment. I'm waiting on that purchase. Besides, I'm a case and battery fanatic. (Buying the Zerolemon G2 case next week. OtterBox protection, built in screen protector, and 3500mAh battery built in the case.)

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Just remain cautious. The first time that little piece of sand causes a scratch it's gonna hurt...all the way down in your sphincter and its not a pleasant feeling at all.

via the tablet

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not using a screen protector either, but I do have a case on it. I'm also very careful with it. :)
7ymuqu6e.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

corpomonkey

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought a full body skin from BSE but still haven't put it on. I've had the phone for about 4 months. I do have a clear cover on my white LG G2, but that's all I have on the phone. I have ALWAYS applied a full body skin and screen protector from BSE on all my smartphones and electronics (iPod Touch, iPad 3, iPad Air, LG Optimus S, Samsung Galaxy S2, iPhones, iPad Mini).

I haven't put it on partially because I'm lazy and also, it feels much better to use it without the protector (insert "in bed" joke here). I'm careful with my phone as well. Since I'll only be keeping my phone for about 2 years, I'll take the chance of getting a few scratches.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
What you want are the Japanese PET screen protectors. They don't smudge as much, feel like glass, don't orange peel, and most importantly don't have to be applied wet.

Avoid anything like ZAGG or Skinomi.

Posted via Android Central App

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Bought my phone in Feb and got a ZAGG from RadioShack..
Right away I noticed my screen go from vibrate and beautiful to this grainy crap..
i was like sacrifices have to be made to keep it perdy right?
naw i decide to take it off last week tired of looking at my grainy screen
back to beautiful vibrant screen no scratches.. (i also use a Creativity Studio Minnie Mouse Stylus)

*** i didn't have a case on it either..
but decided to use the same case/and clip (some ebay no brand thing) i had on my BB Bold since i was able to break a windshield and kept my BB intact.. **

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am really careful with this phone. It goes in my pocket with no keys, change, etc and I have a case on it, but no screen protector.
I recently got a 1" scratch in the middle of the screen that is only visible when the screen is off.
So it will scratch, even if pretty darn careful.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am really careful with this phone. It goes in my pocket with no keys, change, etc and I have a case on it, but no screen protector.
I recently got a 1" scratch in the middle of the screen that is only visible when the screen is off.
So it will scratch, even if pretty darn careful.

Absolutely it will. I try to tell people this but many resist. A screen protector, especially a tempered glass one, is a safe investment.

Sent from my ME308LL/A ⚫

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Never had one, never will. In never put my phone in my pocket, I use a seidio holster and, knock on wood, have never gotten a scratch on a screen since my Palm Pre.

At least if you're going to have one make sure it looks good. I always laugh when people pull out iPhones that look like someone too a roll of plastic and wrapped it around their phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Never had one, never will. In never put my phone in my pocket, I use a seidio holster and, knock on wood, have never gotten a scratch on a screen since my Palm Pre.

At least if you're going to have one make sure it looks good. I always laugh when people pull out iPhones that look like someone too a roll of plastic and wrapped it around their phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

It is worth it to some people to protect their phones from the scratches and dings that can come with everyday life. If you don't use a case it's much harder to afford your phone that protection.

Sent from 1 f IV 🔘

rcdietz1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This is about my fifth smart phone, and I have never used a screen protector, just don't like the look of them, and have never found it necessary. I'm am far from careful with my phone, keep it in my pocket (do have a otterbox type case on it, with holster when needed for running, etc.) have dropped it, thrown it around, most anything, and never have seen any scratches at all. With today's version of gorilla glass, or equivalent, it takes a whole lot to scratch it. Now if you use it because of smudging, or the like, that's a different story, maybe it helps, but I just wipe it with my shirt once it a while and it's fine.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
With today's version of gorilla glass, or equivalent, it takes a whole lot to scratch it.
I agree that and I can NEVER PUT ONE ON no matter what steamy shower method does not work without at least 5 or more dust particles underneath it. It looks terrible.
Now if you use it because of smudging, or the like, that's a different story, maybe it helps, but I just wipe it with my shirt once it a while and it's fine.
This cloth from Amazon Amazon.com: Cloth Addiction Microfiber Screen Cleaning Cloth 2-pack: Computers & Accessories is great it gets rid of all the grease and finger marks. I also use it for my glasses which are very hard to keep clean but I can clean them much easier. The other cloths actually make my glasses dirty cleaning them. At least once a month once cleaning the screens and glasses it does not come clean I wash them with dish soap and let them dry overnight and then reuse them.

leggz99

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem! It's exactly where i use swype for my keyboad. It's current shape is a nice fluffy cloud. I've tried cleaning it, but its a permanent smudge mark. :(