Just picked up my nexus s.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my nexus. It is going to take awhile to get used to this phone. The buttons are all in the wrong place and it doesn't have swype. There's things I'm going to miss from my epic. However so far so good. I will be rooting it tomorrow so I will probably be able it get most of it back with titanium backup. However as I type this, I may like this keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Keith,

I thought I would miss swype as well, but I don't. I do, however, miss the physical keyboard when typing long letters...

I purchased Swiftkey X, and I really like it. You can have it build a dictionary from your GMail account, SMS, twitter, and facebook accounts. About 4 different themes and very customizable. I think it's great.

I think you're going to like the Nexus S. It's slick. The ROMs are fantastic. The kernels are even better.

Reactions: Skunkape60

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Ill be rooting mine for the first time tonight as well...any recomendations on a stable, good battery rom/kernel setup?

I'm really liking stock android tho

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ill be rooting mine for the first time tonight as well...any recomendations on a stable, good battery rom/kernel setup?

I'm really liking stock android tho

Oxygen but not the latest build. The one right before it.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

My ROM preferences (in order):
1. Pool Party 1.5
2. Oxygen 2.3.1
3. GPA 19 (bugless beast)
4. NS Colab

My kernel preferences (in order):
1. franco
2. GLaDOS
3. matr1x (I think this one works best with Oxygen; the 9.5 version)
4. Pete Crespo's

Again, just my preferences. You really can't go wrong. You just have to find the right combination that suits your personality and your phone's quirks.

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was lookin at bugless beast as a potential option..still no idea about kernels tho

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes...9.5.

If mathkid95 is around, he'd probably say 11.5 is the bees knees, and I think Paul627g runs 11.5 or something. The XDA forums have a good matr1x kernel thread going.

But, I got the best out of 9.5. Maybe that's because I wasn't using deep idle and fiddling with the voltages like I was with the more recent versions.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Prior to Matr1x v11.5 (ICS version) my device worked best with Matr1x v10.0.

I tried v10.5 & v11.0 and had wake issues and a few boot loops.... Probably due to voltages which I never really play with so I just went back to v10.0 which worked perfectly fine.

Pool Party 1.5 was/is my favorite GB based ROM... Second would be Oxygen on my list.

Bottom line on kernels, they all play differently on everyones device...... Mine will not react the same as yours..

Reactions: Skunkape60

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty