More help - Mobile Network Not Available after Jelly Been update

surferboy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I finally received the OTA update of Jelly Been and after the install finished i have no sprint service. Could it be my radio as I had unlocked it before and had applied the wi fi tether fix?

Paul, I had ran the bat file from the stock recovery_ns4g_4.0.4.zip you made a few days ago, thus allowing the OTA jelly been install to work.

Any ideas on what I can do? I tried removing the battery and rebooting mulitple times. Still no cell service. Have wi fi connection from home showing and working though no bars and no mobile connection. I double checked under settings "mobile network settings" and data enabled is checked.

It must be the radio right? Is there possibly a radio I could flash to fix it?

Thanks for any help! Really stuck not being able to make calls or send text.

surferboy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Baseband version: unknown Network: unknown, PRL version: unknown. Could I just flash one of the radios in Clockworkmod?

Last edited:

surferboy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I did a flash with fastboot of the radio from xda. Still no service ;( The dos window said OKAY and it appeared the flash happened. I could not boot in CWM Recovery as got the red arrow error when I tried. Any other things i can try? I'm getting super worried as I can't get service to make calls or text. Do I need to go into Sprint? Do a full reset somehow?

mbsprinter

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue trying to apply the tether fix only after I had put JRO03R-v1.1-rooted.deodex.signed.zip from hlxanthus (thank you for the zip). What i didn't realize is the fix must already be there (why didn't I check first.....dumb.....lesson learned), because every time I applied the tether fix I would loose my radio. I tried just flashing the latest baseband to no avail. I then re flashed JRO03R the current baseband (during the same recovery) and everything was right in the world again and I had tether. I'm sure its the tether fix that is causing the radio problems.

I'm using CWM 6.0.1.0

Last edited:

surferboy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
How did you "I then re flashed JRO03R the current baseband (during the same recovery)" ? I can't get into CWM. I can only fastboot flash. Is there a way to remove the tether fix? I'm sitting here checking this page by the minute as I really need to use my phone to make a call and would love to get it back up!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes this as mentioned above... The tether fix your using is probably outdated and is causing issues...

mbsprinter

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, if you don't have CWM ( that's the only way I know how to manipulate this phone) I'm not sure I can help you any further. It just sounds like you need to start fresh from ICS then jump back to JB without messing with the tether fix .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

surferboy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm back up and running with a working mobile network again too. Had to do a full restore and wipe my phone. Was able to use the guide, and "Unroot/Restore to Official Jelly Bean v4.1.1 (Thanks hlxanthus)". Thanks to Paul627g and mbsprinter too.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm back up and running with a working mobile network again too. Had to do a full restore and wipe my phone. Was able to use the guide, and "Unroot/Restore to Official Jelly Bean v4.1.1 (Thanks hlxanthus)". Thanks to Paul627g and mbsprinter too.

Sorry to hear you had to do the full wipe but at least it was better than a brick or some other device ending illness.

Tauseef Qureshi

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys ,
I messed up with the OS ,
its the same issue , after I updated the OS m not able to make or receive calls ,
can some one helped me get the stock ROM for the Galaxy Tab 2 GT-p3100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19