Factory Reset?

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So I've had a big problem with the back button doing mystery touches. And it still does it with my second phone, so I was playing around with factory resets and such, and since rooting my phone, I haven't had the issue.

Unfortunately, it started to possibly recur, so I was thinking of doing a factory reset. How will this effect the rooting status? WIll doing a factory reset mess up a rooted phone? Do i need to root again?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset will just erase all of the apps and data on the phone and will not affect your root access or current rom. It just sucks getting everything back in order

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Factory Reset

Factory Reset works great with a stock ROM. In the past using the factory reset has caused issue. See HTC CDMA Hero, and the LG Optimus S. I never used that reset after rooting my phones. I had both of those phones, so I have read that others had these issues and needed to use some software to force flash new software back on their phone.

I guess what I am saying is tread lightly, there may be issues doing this with a ROM that does not have all the pieces in tact. You could also do a factory reset from inside of your recovery, which in my mind after applying a custom recovery, is the safer way to go.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought Titanium Backup was backing up the app/game data also?

And Simon, I only rooted, I haven't flashed any other ROMs so would that really be an issue?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

And Simon, I only rooted, I haven't flashed any other ROMs so would that really be an issue?
restoring anything but the app might cause the apps to have some issues. Really its up to you but it may be more trouble than its worth.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, ok. I really only wanted to save my progress on Nine Innings. I was going to let the apps all reinstall and then just restore the game saves

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
you can save it and u can also restore one app at a time this way if any problems occur you will know when it happened and what app caused it

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Just giving a little warning. If you only have root, no custom recovery or rom, you should be alright.

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems restoring to factory settings. I am rooted and am wanting to wipe my phone clean before i give it to my gf.

the problem is i go into settings, privacy, Factory data reset (btw i have back up my data not checked), then i erase usb storage, but when my phone reboots all my messages, contacts apps and everything is still intact.....except for my usb storage which is now empty.

Can somebody help me with what i am doing wrong?

Thanks guys