Nexus S GR090 Update

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I just got my update I don't notice better reception yet

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I didn't get any better reception. My 4g doesn't work either. Sprint says my phone is fine but it's almost entirely unusable. I'm visiting a 4g area and the connection is intermittent and my phone won't even roam now. I just get no signal . I'm very disappointed in this thing and regretting ever buying it.

I had high hopes for it. Everything is awesome, but the phone features.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I installed the update manually and I'm getting mixed results. At times I'm getting better reception than I did before, but then sometimes its worse. So I'm mixed about the results and a little bummed that it didn't quite improve the phone the way we all hoped.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Noticed an increase of about -10dbm on my signal on the voice/3G side. Guys you need to stop going by bars, you should reference the dbm under status. Anything -86 being the highest and below is good.

ReDDrDz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get any better reception. My 4g doesn't work either. Sprint says my phone is fine but it's almost entirely unusable. I'm visiting a 4g area and the connection is intermittent and my phone won't even roam now. I just get no signal . I'm very disappointed in this thing and regretting ever buying it.

I had high hopes for it. Everything is awesome, but the phone features.

curious..your sending this from your phone right?...yet...how is it working if you have no signal? how did you send this through tapatalk if you have no connection?

can you throw up a quick speedtest?

zeigan

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to check dB strength. Thanks for the suggestion. Although in real time usage I haven't noticed much of a change. But even if it is minor it's better than nothing.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to check dB strength. Thanks for the suggestion. Although in real time usage I haven't noticed much of a change. But even if it is minor it's better than nothing.

These tests I have done have come at my house. Which I thought would be best reference to tell a difference. Only because our signal here is just horrid, with about 5 other Android devices they could not do any better then -90dbm. As for my Nexus S after this recent update, it stays around -86dbm, when before the update it was -96 to -106dbm.

denn020

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I am having all the known signal issues with my Nexus S. After the update didn't work I brought the phone in for testing. Turns out I am having an antenna issue. With a lot of people reporting the update did not fix anything, I wonder how many phones have faulty antennas.....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87