My sync icon wont go away. Is this normal?

Brigette Houston

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
When I installed updates my sync icon stayed on for hours, it drained my battery quickly and I found that uninstalling You tube updates stopped the sync icon problem and restored normal battery life. I had several google accounts on my phone and apparently this was the problem. I hope this works for someone else. I know I was going crazy.. Best wishes!:)

redmikekite

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi I would like to say many thanks for your suggestion after weeks and weeks and trying everything from disabling the sync and even doing a master reset this worked for me I only have just gone into apps and uninstalled youtube updates and the sync icon dissapeared straight away Yippee finally and the battery is not running down even though i have ordered a new one just incase.

Regards

Mike:)

Stephen Shaw1

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Uninstalling YouTube updates also worked for me in removing that problem after connecting gmail to more than one gmail account. What a relief. Thank you.

ronit2159

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had the sync icon for 4 days now. I search through the forums and seen similar situations but with other phones. I unchecked auto sync on all my apps, I then turned it off and turned it back on and it went away but then came back up a min later. Is this normal for it to be syncing for days like this? Im new to Android...

Go to settings then click on power saver and check auto sync....I hope it will go away

andme2

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, you guys, for the hint on how to get rid of the sync running in the background.

I went into Settings/Applications/All and went down the list to uninstall several app updates, including youtube. I had to reboot the phone to get rid of the sync symbol on my Lollipop phone.

Still can't find a way to block auto updates on my handset no matter how many times I've set it to NOT do so. It's been a never-ending battle with Android OS phones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty