Voicemail Access after Google Voice

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had to stop using Google Voice, as it has been really flaky about text messages getting held up for days before sending or receiving.

So now, when I get a voice mail, I hit the notification, or long press 1, and I get a message about a feature code being invalid.

Is this a temporary problem, or do I need to do something with my phone?

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Found the issue.

Phone had been set to dial *86 instead of my phone number to access voice mail. I have always had Google integration since I've had the phone, so maybe it wasn't set properly?

ash1348

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems with GV, after removing it for few times, and reinstalling it again, the last version of the application is working flawlessly, no more delays with text messages.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems with GV, after removing it for few times, and reinstalling it again, the last version of the application is working flawlessly, no more delays with text messages.

I've been having problems with it under GB and ICS. And I'm more than likely abandoning Sprint here in the next week or two anyway since I can get out ETF free. Just wanted to get off of GV integration so I could port my number if I pull the trigger!

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah, google voice did the same thing with my text messages. Once I wiped my device to root, i made the decision to leave Gvoice off, and I've had 0 problems with texts being hung up. I also have the voicemail problem, and I couldn't fix mind. I can't use *86 or holding 1. Instead, I have to dial my own phone number and get into it that way.