Not getting some text messages

sk1win

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Drummer7: Are you saying to update the profile and PRL and to uncheck auto retrieve? Or that if you update profile and PRL you don't need to uncheck auto retrieve?
Please advise as I am having all the same problems as everyone else and it's brutal.

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If I uncheck auto-retrieve how will I receive text messages? Isn't that the whole point to text messaging?

I updated PRL, updated my profile, and unchecked auto-receive. By unchecking auto-receive i'm pretty sure the only thing that changes is you have to press 'download' when receiving an MMS (pictures or group texts), but that's really no big deal. Since I've done that all my texts have been going through, I too was having major problems these past few weeks.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I updated PRL, updated my profile, and unchecked auto-receive. By unchecking auto-receive i'm pretty sure the only thing that changes is you have to press 'download' when receiving an MMS (pictures or group texts), but that's really no big deal. Since I've done that all my texts have been going through, I too was having major problems these past few weeks.

I will give that a try and see if that helps.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I updated the PRL and profile on my wife's phone and things seem to have improved a bit.

Just hitting update prl does not automatically mean anything is different. Check which prl you have before and after updating. Mine is 60686 before and after.

/Tapatalker

WITTS22

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that I do not receive responses from Iphones. When I send out a mass text message, I am not receiving Iphone responses when they reply to the mass text. The only way I figured this out was someone else on the string of messages, saw another persons reply (from Iphone) and told me.

Kinda weird since when a mass text is sent from an Iphone, and people reply to the mass text everyone on that message receives an MMS.

Anyone help out with this matter?

I use Handcent and I'm on Verizon if that helps.

headmeister

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It a few months in and I've got a stock galaxy note 2 with jelly bean and I'm having identical problems. Had the phone only 6 days having gone from phone and this text thing is giving me some doubts. Messages will sit in the outbox trying to send without success sometimes for hours without me noticing. Is like the app crashes. Tried force close but when I reopen the problem remains and I'm using sick app and go SMS Pro. A t restart sems to work but having to do this twice a day is cobblers. Any tips please ??

elsee45

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting text messages either although i can send. Att says it is my phone. Ill keep reading to see if you found a solution.

vlm4869

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It's not just Sprint. I have Verizon. I am receiving some texts, but not all. I have a friend who said she texted me last week. I still haven't received that one. :( Most the time, if you turn the phone off and remove the battery, put the battery back in and turn it back on, missing texts will pop in. But I have tried everything short of the factory reboot and nothing. I'm getting an upgrade Friday to a new phone, but it's strange that I only seemed to have trouble getting text messages from my friend. She is on Verizon also. Hmmmm. :(

Big Island

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Aloha, I'm having the same issue since Monday, June 17, 2013. I can send test messages to all my contacts and they're receiving them, but there is one or two contacts that I cannot receive their messages. The contacts that I'm unable to receive messages are on the same network as me (AT&T), and they have an IPhone. Not sure what is going on. HELP!!!

YazOrton

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having this problem with my phone also! My samsung galaxy mini will be working perfectly fine and then randomly starts not receiving others texts and it happens for hours at a time. Except other people can receive my messages.