Just got my Nexus tonight

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
FedEx man brought my Nexus S to me tonight and when I got home from work I booted her up. Let me just say, this thing is amazing. Granted, I'm coming from an LG Optimus and have never used another Android phone before but I can't believe the beautiful screen and performance of this phone. Already been activated and most of my apps and stuff moved over.

In my other thread I mentioned that the phone was already rooted and I was curious as to what ROM it had. Well, when I booted it up, I was happy to see ICS. I'm not sure if it's the stock ICS ROM or if it's a custom one. How can I check for sure? I didn't see any WiFi Tether app or overclock app, but then again, I'm not sure if any of the custom ICS ROMs come with those. Also, there doesn't appear to be any custom recovery, so maybe I just answered my own question. lol

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Overclocking is mostly in the kernel. As to the ics version... system settings / about phone should have the information you are looking for.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was looking closer at it last night and it does have a custom ICS ROM on it and it also has CWM recovery. The kernal had the name Pete or peter in it so I'm wondering if its petes ICS ROM. I think the build version was IMM76D or something close to that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So funny, this phone gets ICS and now seems like people are picking this up bypassing the gnex in droves. See, updates are bad for carriers. Ha

It sure is a fantastic phone least to hold over till the next big thing

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I bought my stepdaughter nexus s months ago, my wife last month, mine arrives tomorrow. It has been hard watching them just using them as a phone. I asked questions and they are clueless. When they got ICS last week it sealed the deal for me. I have used ICS on my rooted Amazon Fire, and I like it. I will root my nexus s only so I can access hotspot, with the Fire it is a must. I have gotten so use to the seven inch screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa