Luvin it

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Amazon Fire a couple of weeks before I got my Nexus Service, so ICS wasn't strange when I got it. I do however love it on the phone. My wife also has one and Thursday dropped it and cracked the screen. I setup her replacement and was amazed how smooth it was. I also setup her Google Wallet, which she was reluctant to do. True it isn't available everywhere, but should it not be the next (buzz or wave) I think she'll enjoy it. I know the three days I've had mine I have.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded my wife's Nexus to ICS. She runs a very busy business and so far hates the upgrade LOL. She just does want to take the time to figure new things. I set up Google Wallet on hers too and now wish my ET4G had it.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my S 4G with the zip file a few days before it pushed to my phone. I love ICS, but the phone just did not work well. So I wiped everything and took it back to day one stock. I got the OTA 4.04 right away, and everything is great now. Only one bug left to figure out (can't use downloaded ring tones).

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I grabbed a free ring tone editor which allows me to use downloaded rings tones for contacts. Free in Play/Market, I believe it's called ring tone editor. :-!

zzz0ned

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was very doubtful at first when my battery life plummeted after the upgrade to ICS.

But after a couple of factory resets, the battery life seems better than GB and everything runs smoothly.

I especially like the folders feature, and for me, there is no longer any reason to run a launcher app.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed a free ring tone editor which allows me to use downloaded rings tones for contacts. Free in Play/Market, I believe it's called ring tone editor. :-!

I use Zedge, so I have plenty of downloaded ring tones. The problem is that they only play for a few seconds, and then just stop. Only the ring tones that came with ICS work. I used another App also, but same result...frustrating.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You need to make sure your custom sounds are in the correct directories as follows:

media/alarms

media/notifications

media/ringtones

Actually, I don't think that is the problem. They ring, but the mp3s are only one second long, and they don't repeat automatically. I guess I will have to use an audio editor to make a much longer mp3. These folders don't exist right now. Do you think if I made them, the mp3s would automatically repeat?

Update: I just used a sound editor, and made the ring tone repeat for 30 sec, and now it works. Seems like ICS should do that automatically...

Last edited: