Jelly bean update

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually just purchased a used Nexus S 4G this weekend, spent an hour or so last night unrooting and activating on Sprint, had to get away from my BlackBerry LOL.

ICS is nice, but but having a Nexus 7 with JB, and makes me crave it for the phone too.

I'll be checking my phone all day tomorrow, like a crackhead looking for rocks LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually just purchased a used Nexus S 4G this weekend, spent an hour or so last night unrooting and activating on Sprint, had to get away from my BlackBerry LOL.

ICS is nice, but but having a Nexus 7 with JB, and makes me crave it for the phone too.

I'll be checking my phone all day tomorrow, like a crackhead looking for rocks LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I'm going back to rooted stock as SOON as I wake up tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

bhough7

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The rumors are true at least...just spoke to an online chat rep...this is a quote: "During an 8-day period from 9/6/12 - 9/13/12 current Samsung Nexus S? 4G and Galaxy Nexus customers receive an Over-The-Air (OTA) Android 4.1, Jelly Bean software update."

permazorch

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Need NOW.
Well, I don't really need it, but, c'mon! We've been waiting a long time for this jive.
Settings
->
About Phone
->
System updates
->
Check now

Repeat like DEVO

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
small typo perhaps?

*#*#checkin#*#*

or

*#*#2432546#*#*

But that still didn't get it for me....

That does the exact same thing as "check for updates" in the System Updates section of the settings menu.

Dial that number (check the time when you do). Then go into the System Updates screen and it will tell you the exact time you last checked for updates...which will be the same time you dialed the checkin.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
That does the exact same thing as "check for updates" in the System Updates section of the settings menu.

Dial that number (check the time when you do). Then go into the System Updates screen and it will tell you the exact time you last checked for updates...which will be the same time you dialed the checkin.

This will not work as the update is out in waves and if your phone is not in the wave, it won't work.

The only time it WILL work is if you say no to the OTA prompt and decide to do it later.

Sprint even mentioned this in the Playbook mention for 4.1.1 that customers could not pull the update themselves this time around.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
No, no one on Android Central has it yet. I've checked the corporate stores around here and they HAVE gotten people with the update...who, of course, aren't happy because it changes the functionality of the Search button.

ForTheGlory

May 19, 2010
Visit site
While we are waiting, I wanted to ask in case I get it. Once I get the update, how do I get the link to share with everyone? Can this be done without root access? Once I get the link, what do I do with it?