4g Toggle Widget

Boilingpoint

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Any body have any suggestions for a 4g toggle widget?

I have beautiful widgets but the 4g widget on it only works on htc wimax devices. I have looked online at the android market and amazon app store to no avail.

Please help if you can.

Nick1472

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found one that works either. I am trying to create one. Hopefully I can get something working in the next day or two. I will throw it in the market if I do.

Nick

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there anything out there like the power notification pull down in Cyanogenmod? It worked great for enabling 4G on my EVO. I thought it was a feature of Gingerbread but to my disappointment not so much...

Nick1472

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
can you confirm that it works?

I haven't tried it either, but I would guess that it doesn't work actually. Everything I have read today indicates that the toggle button's do not work on the Epic because Samsung has not released their WiMax APIs, where as HTC has released their API for the Evo. Couple Links:

How do I get Tasker to turn on/off (toggle) 4G on my Samsung Epic? - Tasker | Google Groups
Any "4G Toggle Button" That Works On Samsung Epic 4G? - Force Close

I have been trying to reverse engineer and figure out the Samsung APIs, but no luck so far.
Nick

Last edited:

Willamette

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Drop-down home screen info bar doesn't work (swipe down from the top)? Should have toggles for bluetooth, wifi, 4g, gps, and mute/airplane mode.
EDIT: Discovered this was available via TouchWiz on the Epic and the Nexus doesn't have it. Not sure if it's something you can add.

As for a 3rd party app, I'm using Juice Defender Ultimate for my Epic4G and it will enable/disable 4G based on signal availability and you can configure it to favor specific signals, such as WiFi over 2G/3G and 4G when in range of a known host. Conserves battery life too.

Last edited:

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried it either, but I would guess that it doesn't work actually. Everything I have read today indicates that the toggle button's do not work on the Epic because Samsung has not released their WiMax APIs, where as HTC has released their API for the Evo. Couple Links:

How do I get Tasker to turn on/off (toggle) 4G on my Samsung Epic? - Tasker | Google Groups
Any "4G Toggle Button" That Works On Samsung Epic 4G? - Force Close

I have been trying to reverse engineer and figure out the Samsung APIs, but no luck so far.
Nick

Tried it, doesn't work. There isn't a 4G toggle available. It worked fine with my Evo so what you are saying makes sense.

sportsfan206

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found one that works either. I am trying to create one. Hopefully I can get something working in the next day or two. I will throw it in the market if I do.

Nick

Nick,

Just wondering if you've had any luck with the 4G and data network toggles for the Nexus S 4G... Anxiously awaiting them! The fact that Google or Samsung doesn't include them is ridiculous! :'(

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree! My phone came with a "power bar" pre loaded. But no 4G toggle. Doesn't make any sense what so ever. . .
I was going to try some of the ones available in the app store but it seems not a single one works (based off these posts). . .
Any one have anything???

Nick1472

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Nick,

Just wondering if you've had any luck with the 4G and data network toggles for the Nexus S 4G... Anxiously awaiting them! The fact that Google or Samsung doesn't include them is ridiculous! :'(

Nope, no luck so far. Samsung hasn't released an API to turn the 4G on/off, which is the same reason its doesn't work with any of the apps in the market. I am still trying to figure out how samsung does it, but not optimistic at this point.

Reactions: sportsfan206

sportsfan206

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Nope, no luck so far. Samsung hasn't released an API to turn the 4G on/off, which is the same reason its doesn't work with any of the apps in the market. I am still trying to figure out how samsung does it, but not optimistic at this point.

I feared as much... Thanks for trying though! One question, how about a data toggle? I know ultimate juice has the ability to turn it off with a toggle...

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing it out there. . .
I emailed the developer of Extended Controls, just liked the way it looked, asking if that app supported the Nexus S 4G and if it had a 4G toggle. . .
Much to my surprise, they emailed me back and said they are working on it.
Hope it comes out soon!

Reactions: sportsfan206

sportsfan206

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

Just throwing it out there. . .
I emailed the developer of Extended Controls, just liked the way it looked, asking if that app supported the Nexus S 4G and if it had a 4G toggle. . .
Much to my surprise, they emailed me back and said they are working on it.
Hope it comes out soon!

Thanks for the update Gramamoose! Extended Controls looks like a good product, would be great if they came out with something soon. Personally I love the look of the Widgets from droidmania, but don't know of any way to email them. :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699