Notifications and screen wakeup

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I know what you guys are going to say when you see my title. I did realize that when I bought this phone there was no notification light. Now, my question. Is there an app to wake up the phone without pushing on the power button? I can just see it now the power button failing like the Pres after being pushed so often. I downloaded NOLED but I guess I didn't understand how it worked because it never came on my blank screen. So far I really like the phone but I am concerned about the power button wearing out too fast....

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded Noled and messed with some settings. Seems pretty good so far. It displays the notification on the screen and turns on the softkeys. When the notifications are active, I can turn on the phone with the softkeys, instead of the power button.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish the option to disable the softkeys lighting up worked.
Anyone?

Yeah, I noticed that setting doesn't work also. Although it has the nice added benefit of being able to turn on the phone with the softkeys, but maybe it will also work with the notification active and the softkey lights off.

There is a clever setting to use the proximity sensor to keep the notifications off, such as when the phone is in the pocket. And then the alerts are visible as soon as the proximity sensor is cleared.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
@maryinredding. Download NoLed and play with the settings. It works very well for me. Also its recommending in the tips page for NoLed you use the softkeys to to wake up the device. Best solution to no notification light.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So far that is the ONLY thing that I miss about my Pre. Even the keyboard is ok. I love the words coming up so you don't have to type the whole thing. I am using a very small stylus and it works great.

Nick1472

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So far I haven't seen anything come across the screen even when a chime sounds. I must be doing something wrong.

Have you added the widget or rebooted since installing Noled. I believe there is a mini faq screen which pops up the first time you run it stating you need to do one of these before the service will work. Also, are you sure Noled is running? If so, the widget should have a couple lights on it, click to toggle on/off.

Nick

Imtheweezel

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried using NoLed with GOTO lock screen but I couldn't get it to work.....anybody any suggestions? I tried widget, restarting, monitoring apps....maybe I'm doing something wrong....thanks

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work!!! i think you need to go into the NoLed app and select icons and set it up there too. Thats all I had to do after i installed it. Never figured I needed to go into the icon setting to get it to work but you do. hope this helps. Its pretty cool now (better than an led)

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It works sometimes for me and sometimes not. I got a text message but there was no floating lights on the screen. Just a minute ago I got a text and up popped one of icons and the clock. I will have to dink with it a little more.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Another question. Does voice dialing work through a bluetooth headset? So far I have paired my headset with the phone and it works great but no voice dialing can be done. I use to do it on my old Verizon Sony phone with no problem.

goitsme48

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the frequency (how often you make those icons move).. if you have set it (in settings) at, say half hour, you would need to wait for half hour before that notification shows up.

It works sometimes for me and sometimes not. I got a text message but there was no floating lights on the screen. Just a minute ago I got a text and up popped one of icons and the clock. I will have to dink with it a little more.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I checked all my settings and the notifications are set at 10 seconds so I don't think that is the problem. I have enabled a little red icon to be at the top of the screen to let me know that it is on so I will keep an eye on that.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think it is working now. I just called the phone and then hung up and it displays an icon and has an audible chirp. I'm a happy camper now!