07-04-2013 01:44 AM
534 ... 56789 ...
tools
    ive submitted this to neowin as well.
    05-18-2011 06:02 AM
    i am wondering if this is a sprint issue because when im at home with my airrave i get a perfect 4 bars.
    I have aan airave and my signal wavers between 2 and 3 most of the time....sometimes it will go to 4 and I get giddy (oh the nerd that I am)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    05-18-2011 06:24 AM
    Sigh, as of today I can now use my upgrade and really wanting to pick up one of these but now I'm a little concerned if I should just wait and see what happens with all this... decisions, decisions....
    05-18-2011 06:58 AM
    If they don't issue a recall/push a software update they will be getting a lot of returns or exchanges and I don't think Sprint wants to eat the cost of all those phones coming back. Finally get to put 4g through its paces today, 3g is ok but wifi is still pretty bad. Updating the Sprint PRL (settings>about phone>sprint system updates>update PRL) helped as a temporary fix but the problem soon resurfaced as bad as it was before. Still worth putting up with this than dealing with Verizon!
    05-18-2011 08:19 AM
    I spoke to sprint today and they are not aware of the issues. I have dropped 30% today just trying to surf the web with no bars. This is ridicolous. I called best buy and they will let me exchange for another phone. I wish the 3d was out because ill probably have to get a new evo. Why isnt this on the front page of android central yet? I can see a massive recall coming. Sprints response was never get a brand new phone on launch date as they will have bugs. Hate to say it but she is rigsrht. This needs to be addressed ASAP!
    05-18-2011 09:07 AM
    Sigh, as of today I can now use my upgrade and really wanting to pick up one of these but now I'm a little concerned if I should just wait and see what happens with all this... decisions, decisions....
    Keep the evo and wait.
    05-18-2011 09:11 AM
    Just an FYI - with all the storms going through the country, antennae have beenknocked out of alignment, thus causing signal issues, per a conversation I had with the FCC a couple minutes ago. They suggested that when calling Sprint/Verizon/Whoever with your signal problem that you ask them to check the antennae in your area for alignment problems. I did that this morning myself, and they are sending teams out in Baltimore now to realign lots of the towers today and yesterday.

Just an idea.

I have also heard that there is also a problem with the radio file in the NS4G 2.3.4 update, which Google is working on now. This problem affects ALL of the Nexus phones (Nexus One, Nexus S, and NS4G).
    05-18-2011 10:02 AM
    i am wondering if this is a sprint issue because when im at home with my airrave i get a perfect 4 bars.
    Really I don't, but my DSL had been acting up for the past month. I have a tech coming out friday to fix it.
    05-18-2011 10:33 AM
    Take a look, it made it to the front page of androidcentral:

http://www.androidcentral.com/are-yo...exus-s-4g-poll
    05-18-2011 10:45 AM
    YAY, now we can get some perspective on the issue!

I'm patiently waiting with my 23 month old Pre to get an NS4G.
    05-18-2011 11:25 AM

Seconded...I opened my Pre's slider last night and a screw fell out. I'm taking that as a sign.
    05-18-2011 02:45 PM
    My 4g has been getting 3.5 to 5 down consistently. One bar too, Ill take pics of my phone tonight to prove it since I can't do screen shots without root cause I'm on a Mac.

05-18-2011 05:32 PM
    I don't get very good signal in general. Only about 2 to 3 bars max... Hopefully they will fix this soon..
    05-18-2011 05:45 PM
    Many people talk about the bad battery life, I have gathered some methed to improve this. Anyone has some knowledge about this?
    05-18-2011 08:58 PM
    I must be lucky....

My signal is no worse than my BB Curve was.....at home my data signal isn't as good, but I just hit the WiFi and use that..

I feel bad for all you guys that have it bad....I know I was scared to death to buy this phone after reading all of this on here...but I'm a gambler

As for battery life, no issues at all as long as I don't have my Touchdown set to do direct push, that seems to eat the battery a little bit more.

good luck...
    05-18-2011 09:13 PM
    Take a look, it made it to the front page of androidcentral:

http://www.androidcentral.com/are-yo...exus-s-4g-poll
    Great! Maybe this will help.
    mayflower likes this.
    05-19-2011 02:15 AM
    im glad we are finally getting alot of negative press about this. it will if anything push sprint, google & samsung to issue a fix. the good thing is these are nexus phones so it won't take long for an OTA to come.

i believe this is a sprint network issue combined with a faulty 2.3.4 radio. after much consideration ive decided to stick with this phone until the issues are fixed. im not going to return it and go back to the year old evo. and IMO the evo3d will be a worse battery hog than the evo was.

to anyone who states they have no signal issues, i think you better check again because this wouldn't just affect a few phones, this would affect them all. hopefully once the fix comes we will get much better battery life as well.

the only thing id love to see is more development.
    mayflower likes this.
    05-19-2011 05:47 AM

why are you waiting? To see if the NS4G radio issue is widespread? Cause you should be clear to go get a new phone now. I've been qualified since april and have a day 1 pre.
    05-19-2011 09:42 AM
    why are you waiting? To see if the NS4G radio issue is widespread? Cause you should be clear to go get a new phone now. I've been qualified since april and have a day 1 pre.
    I think he meant that he's waiting to make sure the issue is resolved/addressed before buying in.
    05-19-2011 09:55 AM
    Everything on my Pre looks and functions like the day I bought it so I'm in no big hurry to get something that may be a crap shoot with 3G/wifi. The NS4G is the only phone that "excites" me and I'm sure the signal issues will be resolved very shortly. Don't worry I'll be sportin a NS4G very soon!
    cajunlab likes this.
    05-19-2011 10:41 AM
    Everything on my Pre looks and functions like the day I bought it so I'm in no big hurry to get something that may be a crap shoot with 3G/wifi. The NS4G is the only phone that "excites" me and I'm sure the signal issues will be resolved very shortly. Don't worry I'll be sportin a NS4G very soon!
    My pre was still good, but I got tired of loosing out while trying to keep up with everything else as we get told coming months this coming weeks that. Sorry but screw that. Im a tech person by day and script kiddie by night. I must keep up. I find it amazing I kept the pre for 2 years. Theres only soo long you can wait.

The more I play with the nexus the more I realize other apps that I could use on a daily basis that the webOS don't have. May one day, but for now. I think ill be android for a year or so.

I've made my voice heard, I have 3g and 4g issues, wifi I can easily do 11mbits on a speedtest. So nothing wrong there.
    05-19-2011 02:42 PM
    So i just bought the nexus 4g and my signal and wifi are terrible! I get one bar ALL the time! Other than when im in a open area.. I dont think i have seen full bars at all but once.. Wifi same thing.. I can be in the same room as my router and only get 2/3 signal... Did i get a dud? The guy at sprint said they can do a signal test. Should i? Ugh...
    05-19-2011 03:32 PM
    why haven't we heard an official statement from google, samsung or sprint yet? i hope they act on this soon because alot of members at xda are returning their nexus s phones as of today. i may also this weekend but i hate going back to the outdated evo.
    05-19-2011 04:13 PM

^ if this isn't an embarrassment, I don't know what is.
    05-19-2011 07:32 PM
    why haven't we heard an official statement from google, samsung or sprint yet? i hope they act on this soon because alot of members at xda are returning their nexus s phones as of today. i may also this weekend but i hate going back to the outdated evo.
    Yea I was at Penn Station in midtown Manhattan of all places yesterday and had ZERO 4G connectivity and less than 200 KB down on 3G! It's going back on Saturday....for a working replacement hopefully...maybe ill just go back to my crappy Pre and wait it out...

05-19-2011 08:05 PM
534 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD