Nexus S now a free phone :O

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the follow up question here, but I've never ordered a phone from Amazon (or any online place). If I have Sprint acct with family plan, can I order new phone from AW with new line (add-on to family plan) and pay $49? I didn't think that AW could do that with Sprint yet, but I wasn't sure if they have tapped into the Sprint backoffice to allow this. TIA.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I wonder, how does Sprint handle cancellations?

If I could transfer my number to Google Voice which will cancel my current contract, then do a new contract and retransfer my number, I wonder how Sprint will handle the ETF....I WANT THE NEXUS S.

I can't stop reading stuff about it.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
$50 makes it so tempting....I'd consider dumping AT&T.

as a former att orange customer, i have +/- 3000 rollover minuets from 'migration' to att blue. hard to give that up.
the $100 amazon savings only makes up for 250 mins.

BUT, the nexus s 4g IS 'pure' google...AND google wallet eligible...

decisions, decisions...

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
as a former att orange customer, i have +/- 3000 rollover minuets from 'migration' to att blue. hard to give that up.
the $100 amazon savings only makes up for 250 mins.

BUT, the nexus s 4g IS 'pure' google...AND google wallet eligible...

decisions, decisions...

Well considering you don't use any minutes unless you call a landline on sprint it more than makes up for it.

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning mine back to sprint with the 30 day return thing and re-ordering from amazon. Even if they charge me $35 restocking fee, I'm still up $65 and might not have to pay $18 upgrade fee if I just activate it myself online (not sure how it works, but this was the first time I've had to spend more money to get a phone I already bought activated on my account..stupid fees).

Ho12nyGuy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning mine back to sprint with the 30 day return thing and re-ordering from amazon. Even if they charge me $35 restocking fee, I'm still up $65 and might not have to pay $18 upgrade fee if I just activate it myself online (not sure how it works, but this was the first time I've had to spend more money to get a phone I already bought activated on my account..stupid fees).

The phones have to be activated through the phone number that Amazon gives you but the guy said that there was no upgrade fee because I had ordered it on the internet and not used the phone or did the upgrade in store.

Reactions: mwalt2

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com

might want to wait till monday... supposedly the nexus s 4g might be free for memorial day

ho0lee0h

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
might want to wait till monday... supposedly the nexus s 4g might be free for memorial day

I heard about that rumor but sprint's free activation on amazon ends tonight. Save $30 on activation now or wait until tomorrow in hopes that the phone is free? If the rumor is false, I'll have to pay more...

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
though, on a random note, does anyone have any experience ordering multiple line upgrades? I might still take all four of our lines to Nexus S's if they're $50

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
wait where is the free activation? lol, I ordered on the 26th and it says in my reciept that one time activation fee will be applied for 36 dollars, was I suppose to get free activation?

Last edited:

ho0lee0h

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
wait where is the free activation? lol, I ordered on the 26th and it says in my reciept that one time activation fee will be applied for 36 dollars, was I suppose to get free activation?

Free activation when you buy a Sprint phone between midnight PDT May 23, 2011, through 11:59 p.m. PDT May 29, 2011. It says it can take up to three billing cycles to appear as credit on your bill.

Here's the details on the free activation: http://wireless.amazon.com/f/sprint...tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU954567

Last edited: