Swap Photon for Evo 4g?

cdubya1

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I I just upgraded from Iphone. I feel Freeeee!

Bought a evo 4g for my wife and got the Photon for myself 2 days ago.
The photon suffers from self-power off. I bought it from radio shack and they say they can do 1 exchange within the first 30 days.

So do I exchange it in the hopes that I get a good working photon, (after that, I have to pay $35 restocking fee (even though it is not being restocked) and wait until Sprint can send me a new one. 2-3 days.) All this according to Spring and Radio Shack.

Would I be doing myself a huge disservice by swapping out the Photon with an EVO 4g?

Thanks for the input.

Chris

cdubya1

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, all the updates, and moto customer service has me reset the phone to factory specs. No Change. I had to re-update again and still no change.
What makes the diff in photon vs EVO?
Thanks

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I I just upgraded from Iphone. I feel Freeeee!

Bought a evo 4g for my wife and got the Photon for myself 2 days ago.
The photon suffers from self-power off. I bought it from radio shack and they say they can do 1 exchange within the first 30 days.

So do I exchange it in the hopes that I get a good working photon, (after that, I have to pay $35 restocking fee (even though it is not being restocked) and wait until Sprint can send me a new one. 2-3 days.) All this according to Spring and Radio Shack.

Would I be doing myself a huge disservice by swapping out the Photon with an EVO 4g?

Thanks for the input.

Chris

Can you try putting your photon sim card in the iPhone(if its the 3gs or lower) and see if it works

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

LancerzRalliart

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yup, all the updates, and moto customer service has me reset the phone to factory specs. No Change. I had to re-update again and still no change.
What makes the diff in photon vs EVO?
Thanks

If anything at least get one of the top 3 phones at sprint which all have dual core processors. Photon, EVO 3D or Epic touch, getting a EVO 4G now wouldn't be wise. I've heard that the reason peoples phones are shutting down has to do with the battery being lose or something. One guy put tape on his and said he hasn't had the problem since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa