Downgrading to stock firmware Sprint Galaxy S4

svilenkk

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have galaxy s4.
Please if anyone knows how to: I have galaxy s4. First I downgraded the modem to mdc, than rooted the phone and upgraded to "kit kat cyanogenmode 11". now I won to go back to the stock firmware but odin keep failing. it starts fine checks the md5 but when it starts to write the files it says "fail (auth)" . Does anyone know how can I flash the stock firmware in my case?
I am trying to go to stock firmware so I can try to unlock the phone. or is there any method to unlock it at all?

Last edited by a moderator:

BIGSAMDA1ST

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have galaxy s4.
Please if anyone knows how to: I have galaxy s4. First I downgraded the modem to mdc, than rooted the phone and upgraded to "kit kat cyanogenmode 11". now I won to go back to the stock firmware but odin keep failing. it starts fine checks the md5 but when it starts to write the files it says "fail (auth)" . Does anyone know how can I flash the stock firmware in my case?
I am trying to go to stock firmware so I can try to unlock the phone. or is there any method to unlock it at all?

First things first you said that you downgraded the modem to MDC. Are you positively 100% sure that you were on a modem other than an official 4.3 like MJA or MK2? The reason I'm asking is that if by any chance you were, that may be what's causing this to happen. If you were on any of those builds there is absolutely no downgrading to anything prior than 4.3 as it will brick your device..

Edit :If you were on a 4.3 firmware then use this to get you back to stock

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SPH-L720&details=Galaxy_S_4_Sprint

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GregGriffin13

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
First things first you said that you downgraded the modem to MDC. Are you positively 100% sure that you were on a modem other than an official 4.3 like MJA or MK2? The reason I'm asking is that if by any chance you were, that may be what's causing this to happen. If you were on any of those builds there is absolutely no downgrading to anything prior than 4.3 as it will brick your device..

Edit :If you were on a 4.3 firmware then use this to get you back to stock

Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BIGSAMDA1ST,

I am currently on 4.3 MJA update, rooted. Just verifying, so I can flash this download (using Odin), and I'll be back, unrooted at Sprint stock, correct? I won't lose my data because I'm using Odin, right? Will I still be at 4.3?

Thanks for your guidance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38