Galaxy S4 with KitKat - Bluetooth Keeps Disconnecting

TammOk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I just recently upgraded to the KitKat software. I've have multiple issues (not allowing third party messaging apps, unable to save apps to external SDcard, etc.) but the main one is that the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting from my car Bluetooth system (Toyota Entune). In the Entune system before the upgrade, I was able to listen to incoming text messages and reply back. Now, the 'Message' button is grayed out on my car monitor and practically useless.

Does anyone know a patch or something I can install to allow my Entune to work properly? If not, does anyone know how I can move back to the Jelly Bean system?

TammOk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Toyota Entune Customer Service (800-331-4331) and was told that they were aware of this issue and to contact my local Toyota Service Center to have them update the Entune/Bluetooth firmware updated. I'm getting this done later today. I'll let you know if it works...

TammOk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Toyota Service again and they told me that they haven't received ANY other calls about there being a Bluetooth issue. I spoke to a supervisor and she said my call(s) were the first she had heard of the issue. She told me to connect another Galaxy S4 with Kit-Kat to my car and see if I have the same issue because as we all know I have access to multiple phones to do this!!!

This is what appears on my phone whenever the Bluetooth drops:
Screenshot_2014-05-27-07-35-35.jpg

Last edited:

shossein

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S5 disconnect from Lexus es350 and disconnect from LG HBS730 bluetooth head phone.
Saeed

shailag

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem for the last few months with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and Toyota Entune system. It worked great earlier this year when I bought my new car. I've spent hours with the Verizon techs and nothing has worked. It's been happening in safe mode too, though. Was anyone able to find a solution to this issue?

Bazz1970

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
i changed from iphone due to pathetic software upgrades that stuffed my phone now samsung do the same thing with bluetooth and wifi guess its time to go back to iphone so i dont get done for talking while driving, i surely wont be having a kitkat

Thomas Skaff

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Did the firmware/software update for Entune work? I have this problem currently with S4 in new Toyota Rav4 and it constantly disconnects on short trips. However if connected to the system for over an hour then don't get the disconnects.

Tsaleem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. I fixed it by disabling "Automatic Message Transfer"
Everything else works without any issues now.
I called Toyota support but they have no solution for this yet.