Sticking keys

jjfad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So far I've gone through 3 XPRTs. Each time, the phone was great until the keyboard started doing weird things: basically the keys would start sticking. I would often get double key presses, at other times the keys would not press, etc.

Is this a known issue with the XPRT? Or did I just get 3 lemons in a row?

I really like having a non-slider QWERTY Android phone but the sticking keys thing is too infuriating. I may have to go back to my Blackberry.

jebbyjoy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had that issue on my XPRT ever since I bought it (or maybe shortly thereafter). It wasn't that bad in the beginning but after a year and a half, it's getting worse. I might have to move on as well.

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, the XPRT was Motorola's attempt to siphon off Blackberry users who wanted to upgrade but were tired of waiting for the new BB10 devices. One of the reasons Blackberry is Blackberry is because they make excellent keyboards. If you can live without Android new BB7 devices are very affordable right now. The other option is to replace the keyboard on your phone. OEM replacements are $4.07 here. If you require a hardware keyboard and want to stick with Android your XPRT is worth a $100 rebate towards the purchase of a new Photon Q 4G LTE (if you still trust Motorola). Details here.