Sprint getting too cheap with existing customers

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand Sprint and other cellular providers need to attract new customers. But when you have been loosing perks left and right, been lied to about 4g coverage for years, and 3g speeds and coverage just seem to get worse and worse. (oh let's not forget we will screw your phone up with software updates and feel that they at not responsible.) It just makes me wonder if they have forgotten about all the people who have been paying their bills. And we are going to have to sign a contract again? Really? How stupid do you think all of us are? I mean here in the Detroit area we have been being treated like a red headed step child for so long it's almost silly. Don't get me wrong, I love Sprint. Well I did.. But you can't keep peeing on my back and try to tell me it's raining forever. Sooner or later we are going to notice it's pee, not rain. At my house service is good. But I have wifi at my house. And any where else I go it's not so good. Ok it sucks. I drop calls right and left. Internet? Ya don't bother. But you are more worried about getting new customers. And give them better deals than us. Remember, rule number one in business is, it's much easier to keep the customers you have than to get new ones. But I guess you are going to need new ones because the ones you have are leaving you like crazy. Your so worried about your customer service? Well then take care of the ones you already have. With blogs and tweets and Facebook, you don't think word gets around? Duh. Faster than ever. You had better tighten your game up. Me and my wife are local dj's. With thousands of contacts. Don't think one that one customer is just one customer. Us and many other people can be good or bad for your business.
You decide which it will be.... Me, i'm about done.

e Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I don't see how that can get away with increasing prices AND taking away early upgrades, and then use that money to fix the their outdated network to give us the service we should've had in the first place. I guess its partly my fault for not leaving Sprint the last time they increased their prices, but since I didn't leave within 30 days after the increase, I guess I'm stuck under contract for another year. I'll be leaving Sprint for sure when its up, going Prepaid maybe with Straight Talk GSM.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Agreed......been with sprint for 12 years here in metro d and they've finally pushed me to the brink.....up until early this year I as okay with the speeds and connections. Never had an issue streaming Pandora or you tube or Netflix etc...... now I can't use you tube or Netflix and it takes Pandora a couple minutes to load up and a min to skip a song......unfortunately I have four lines with staggered contracts so I can't afford to just etf all at once. But starting in early 2013, if I haven't seen any improvement and progress on the network upgrade, then I'll start moving each line over to att......

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Location, location, location. True in real estate and true with cell phones. In my location I get fast, reliable Sprint LTE wherever I go and my Sprint phone service is superb. I've been with Sprint for 12 years and I'm more than happy.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Reactions: emanuelm123

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Location, location, location. True in real estate and true with cell phones. In my location I get fast, reliable Sprint LTE wherever I go and my Sprint phone service is superb. I've been with Sprint for 12 years and I'm more than happy.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

We're talking about a major decline in service here. It's one thing to have bad service when you sign up, that's that person's fault for not checking the coverage maps, but when they increase prices and service declines, there is a major problem. Good for you having good service, you're one of the few.

Reactions: pitmasterme

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
If we are talking about location, I live in the only Wimax area besides Grand rapids. If you know the area (m59) we are talking about. It's an eight lane hwy between two major shopping malls. And i'm dropping calls while i'm driving.. This never happened before. And they are not installing new towers until the middle of next year... And when it rains, I will go from all six bars down to no receipting at all.. I had to drive 3 miles down the road to call sprint and report the outrage.. But every time it rains, it's out again.. I swear it's the truth.. And sprint tells me it's my phone.. Ok, my phone, my kids and my wifes? I just don't get it.
Anyone else go thru this? Like I said, at my house, data is fast and reliable usually. (except after a good rain storm) but if I drive somewhere, it's a crap shoot. This is the motor city. Not the corn fields of Kansas..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DannyDefinit

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Sprint customer since 2001, and had been overall satisfied with the service until recently.

First, it was the loss of early upgrades for Sprint Premier Gold customers. I usually hold onto my phones for quite a bit, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me; but I certainly felt slighted as a loyal customer when this perk went away.

Second and more profoundly, it was the way Sprint changed their Mobile Hotspot plan. I was one of the few EVO 4G owners who rooted their phone yet still paid the $29.99/month for this feature. I did this out of sheer principle, because Sprint's the only carrier offering truly unlimited data, and in the beginning it included unlimited tethering.

A few months later, they capped it to just 5GB per month. No biggie, because I averaged 1-3GB per month tethering.

Then on this past June, when I upgraded to my Galaxy S III, they no longer offered the $29.99 5GB Mobile Hotspot plan. My only options were $19.99 for 2GB or $49.99 for 6GB. They're both more expensive per GB in comparison. I said screw that! I'll root my S III, install FoxFi, PDAnet, or one of the many other free tethering options.

Honestly, I don't even care if Sprint catches me illegitimately tethering, and violating their ToS, and then canceling my plan. Gives me more of a reason to jump ship to one of the other cartels.

Sadly, I was once a major evangelist for Sprint, recommending it to all my friends, family, and coworkers. But nowadays, I feel pretty jaded.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ubigred

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Been Sprint customers for 5 years...and recently, prices shot up. But even more infuriating is that they lowered our spending limit to $150 for no reason at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I don't see how that can get away with increasing prices AND taking away early upgrades, and then use that money to fix the their outdated network to give us the service we should've had in the first place. I guess its partly my fault for not leaving Sprint the last time they increased their prices, but since I didn't leave within 30 days after the increase, I guess I'm stuck under contract for another year. I'll be leaving Sprint for sure when its up, going Prepaid maybe with Straight Talk GSM.

Hmm there's always the option of running your roaming to get out of your contract early.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

HTC EVO 4G LTE

You just wait until your service goes down the crapper. I hope you get lucky and it doesn't, but if it does you'll be singing a different tune.

I sounded just like you 2 or 3 years ago, telling friends family and the entire internet how good of a deal I had.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I left because while voice clarity is great, says sucks in Atlanta unless you're in a 4G area and even then if you're using wimax it's spotty.

Plus they played too many games after 8 years. This were great at first, then went downhill

I went to t mobile, not happy here as coverage is worse for calls BUT data is more reliable and faster.

Going to Verizon if they are priced better when my contract is up

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

grabejr

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
You just wait until your service goes down the crapper. I hope you get lucky and it doesn't, but if it does you'll be singing a different tune.

I sounded just like you 2 or 3 years ago, telling friends family and the entire internet how good of a deal I had.

Had the same experience. Everywhere I went there was outstanding service. I was singing Sprint's praises for a year. Enter about 2 months ago and the signal is just not there anymore... at most 2 bars and the speeds have dropped beyond the toilet and into the sewer.

Each day I feel tempted to drop them and sue for the etf due to failure to provide contracted service, but I keep plugging along, waiting to see what the network vision crap will bring...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa