Can Sprint Zone find new credit card info automatically?

flingoid

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I received a message from Sprint 9099 saying that my auto-pay change was successful and stated the last 4 digits of a card that was added. The weird thing is, the card that was described is a new debit card that my wife just got within the past few weeks. Neither of us have gone online or has called sprint to give them this information! How can sprint get access to this? I've called and the only answers they can give me are that we added it, Sprint Zone updated it, or an app called Card updater did it. Neither my wife or myself have an app called Card updater. I have the HTC One M8 and my wife has the LG G3 if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

flingoid

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Also another bit of info, when I went online to see what was going on the card number and expiration dates matched the new card but the billing address was for and old address. So whatever app or person did this entered it wrong.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I remember reading somewhere not too long ago that banks and I'm assuming credit card companies that have record of recent and recurring transactions can share the information with the parties involved automatically. I'm sure it was when I started getting all the stupid chip cards in the mail that I saw it.

*edited to add the following*

The Visa Account Updater (VAU) service enables the electronic exchange of updated account information among participating merchants and card issuers, providing cardholders with uninterrupted service when enrolled in recurring bill payments. Issuers decide when to provide merchants with updated account information, either when cardholders activate their new cards or within two business days from the date of the changes. VAU participants must also meet certain qualification requirements, including Visa security requirements for data transmission. In addition, no transactions can occur until cardholders have activated their new cards.

Last edited:

flingoid

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for this information. I'll do some research on this and I'll let the wife know that it's not the Illuminati. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress