ICS kills my battery in just a few hours.

JessAOII

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I installed the ICS update and ever since, my battery dies in a few hours rather than a day and a half. I've tried draining the battery down to 5 and 10% and then charging with it off overnight. If I leave it alone and do nothing it will last a while longer but this morning, I was checking some e-mails and in 20 minutes, it lost 20%. If I go to the grocery store and check my list that's on my phone, I lose another 20-30%. Is there anything that I can do to extend my battery life to what it was prior to installing ICS?

I've been trying the fixes that are on other forums but nothing seems to be working. Thanks for any help you can provide.

jonnie_r

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? I know it's a pain wiping all your data/apps, but if you're rooted you can back it up easy enough.

I had the same problem on my RAZR when updating from gingerbread to ICS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JessAOII

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping someone had a better solution. No offense but I really don't want to do that. Thanks. I will try if no better options pop up.

jonnie_r

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No offense taken, but I don't think you'll find any other solution, I couldn't find anything on Google other than factory reset and wipe for my RAZR.

Hopefully someone may have the solution you're looking for.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

TheMindy2011

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
That's what I had to do. I didn't want to either, but my phone was so slow and sluggish and just didn't work. Once i reset and got all my apps back (which reinstalled from the play store on their own) I wished I had reset it from the start. Faster than it was the day I bought it. I recommend a reset as well. :D

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez