Random Shutdown issue after Gingerbread Update on the Atrix

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon to all, I hope things are well.

I was wondering if anyone else is having issue with the Atrix randomly shutting down after the Gingerbread update? If so is there a fix to stop the random shutdown or the battery issue below.

It has happened to my twice so far...I have Battery Indicator to show me the battery percentage...it shows 80% charge remaining for almost 24 hours, until it shows the real percentage of battery available. I have noticed that is what has happened both times.

Thank you in advance

Chin Patel

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i experienced random reboots when i was on 1.83 froyp build and had my phone rooted with gingerbreak. after i removed the root everything got back to normal. is your phone rooted? did you do a factory reset after the update? its always advisable to do that after any major system update.

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The device is not rooted.

I do not think I have done a rest after the GB Update.

If I did a factory reset, I would lose all the information I have on the device, correct?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
you can choose what exactly you want to reset you can leave personal files such as music documents etc. or you can wipe the entire phone, the only thing you'll have to do is redownload applications from the market and personalize your phone again. but like I said it is always advisible to do the clean factory reset. I always do that with my phone. I'd also backup personal files from the phone to PC just in case.

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't motoblur keep all the contact information. That is the biggest thing on my phone. Everything else I Do not mind re doing.

This is my first android device, I am not sure how to do a factory reset, let alone a custom one.

Would you recommend checking the Back up my Data option.

Could the phone reboot by itself, because it has ran out of memory?
I have the Memory booster application, that does an optimization every ten minutes.
typically the free memory available stays around 27 to 33%

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
motoblur keeps all the contact info. all your purchased apps from the market are synced with your market gmail account. befpre resetting you may want to resync your contacts calendar emails and whatnot from motoblur just to make sure.
to factory reset: tap menu key/setting/privacy/factory reset. make sure you check or leave uncheked options to erase sdcard and internal storage. i usualy leave them unchecked as i dont need to remove personal files

Reactions: cpatel112

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I am going to have to wait and see what happens. I want to see it may have fixed the issue.

On the bright-side I now have to new Market 3.0.27 which I did not have prior to the factory reset.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
personally i think it there was a bad design flaw with this gingerbread update. instead of randomly rebooting my ATRIX it lets it lag and sometimes freeze up the whole system. i sometimes feel like this update is choking my poor ATRIX. especially YouTube. it freezes up my phone everytime i use the YouTube app? maybe that is the tegra 2's problem. or maybe HTML 5 has gone completely wack in this update. i don't know but i am scared about it most definitely

ozziedog

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine ran fine for about a week and then it started shuting down by itself without warning, it will also freeze and all I get is a black screen and I have to do a battery pull to get it running again. The only apps are the ones that came with the phone. I also get the following error message,
"Failed to boot 1
ERR: Hardware/tegra/prebuilt/make/
../../core/system/fastboot/main.C:
603 NvStorMgrFileOpen9 :ebb" ) :4
Failed to set fastboot node
Starting RSD mode
Nothing happens until I do a battery pull anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

rzrpz7

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes my phone started this two days ago. I downloaded netflix and was watching a movie had the USB plugged into the phone but the battery went dead. after chaging to 100% phone would shut off for low battery, I would turn phone back on and battery would still be at 100%. Tried to do a factory reset but this did not help??

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been having this same issues. At first it would randomly happen so I thought it was just GB getting settled in, but now it’s happing more often. When I play music after a while it’ll start to lag and eventually freeze forcing me to reboot. Youtube player forget it. After a few video it’s freezes.

I’ve been following this thread to see if anyone can come up with a solution or resetting the phone would solve the problem but no one has replied in a while. I’m going to go and reset it anyways and hope for the best. I’ll need wifi to re-install all my apps. I’ll do it after work today and post if it worked.

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well that was a waste of time and effort. I resetted my phone, erased everything except my SD Card, re-downloaded all my apps to no avail. A few hours after I started listening to music and viewing videos on my Youtube app, my phone froze.

Now what? Wait until Google released another update or go to a store and have it replaced?:mad:

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I experienced random restart issues as well. I even experienced it with a replacement phone. I switched my launcher to adw launcher ex and knock on wood I have not had any problems. I will keep you posted.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I think its an issue with Motorola rather then android. I was using the Motorola BACKFLIP prior to the ATRIX is and I had the same issue of random reboots on both the stock rom and cm7

Sent from my ATRIX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699