Wifi Problems, drops wifi when cell signal drops.

johde

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a used Motorola Atrix 4g to use on Straight Talk, although I'm currently using it on a one month trial with H2O Wireless. So far I'm very impressed with the phone. It's 100x better than the Samsung Intercept (Sprint) I'm currently using and is out of contract in 3 weeks. Everything works great with the phone except for a problem with wifi. At home, I get shaky cell phone coverage in one part of the house. When the phone drops cell phone coverage, or switches from H+ to Edge, the phone drops Wifi and then needs to reconnect, often taking a couple of min. Going to the Wifi settings page speeds up the process. If I put the phone into Airplane mode then turn wifi back on, wifi holds fine, also if I'm in an area with a solid cell signal wifi holds fine.

So far I've set the phone so wifi doesn't sleep, I've also uncheck the ATT wifi auto connect, and messed with the security on the router to try and fix the problem. The phone is currently unrooted and locked. Does anyone know of another possible cure for the problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699