Converting from iphone to Atrix

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Now I know the atrix will have 16 gb on board... I wonder how much of that can be used for aoo install..? Hope its not like the inspire... that thing has 4gb and only one of them can be used for apps.

Somewhere around 1.8 GB is allocated for apps.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Why do they do this?! I think the Droid x and the Droid 2 are the only phones that give u a decent amount of app install space. Would have thought Motorola would have done that for the atrix.

With Froyo and the ability to install apps to SD card, 1.8 gb makes me happy...especially coming from N1 where I only had 512 (or is it just 256?)

Effington

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand the point of 16 GB onboard space if you can only use 1.8 GB for apps.... the card should be for media. Now I'm regretting not getting a faster microSD card.

Reactions: dopestar

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
2GB for apps isn't bad. I owned an archos 101 briefly that had about 200MB for apps and slowed down significantly if you came close to filling it. I'm not really worried about the system app space on the atrix (especially after deleting the att crapware).

xandrius

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Good thread, I'm in the same boat (IPhone 3GS to Atrix 4G) so I found this pretty informative.

Anybody have a list or link to one for recommended apps; I have a few in mind but any recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Good thread, I'm in the same boat (IPhone 3GS to Atrix 4G) so I found this pretty informative.

Anybody have a list or link to one for recommended apps; I have a few in mind but any recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks.

Google Sky (my most often used app to show off my droid)
Google Voice (if you have a google voice number...if not I rec. getting one for voice mail purposes)
DoubleTwist media manager
AudioManager (blackberry style profiles)
Dolphin Browser HD
GO SMS (texting replacement...some prefer Handcent)

https://market.android.com/

that's my list of must haves

YoungSpade8

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Well from an Android user for 6 months now: the apparently make the phone. Also, the custonizatiob that you can have with Android is what I like over IOS.

Find some good launchers if you font like Motoblur (im going to mess with it at first and see how I like it, then go with what I have).

Games are good, and... well it's a phone; there's only so much you can do.

Battery life should be great, so you shoulsnt worry about that. Although I am a heavy user so im definitely going to pick up a separate battery down the road.

Oh and you should definitely get a data tracking program/widget. I use 3 of them right now (3G watch dog, data counter widget, and phone usage).

YoungSpade8

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh and I forgot; I have used every browser and the fastest by far is xScope 6. You have to pay but imo it is the best. User agents per domain and it is insabely fast. Right now on widow, my phone is faster than my netbook and ties with the iPad.

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
A few pages back, someone asked the best way to sync Outlook to the Atrix. I suggest you go to www.syncdroid.net and look over the chart of software available to sync Outlook to any Android, including the Atrix. You will find what the software syncs (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks), how it syncs (Wi-Fi, Wireless, USB, Bluetooth), the prices (many free) and more. The reviews of each software will help you to see what is good or bad about each one.