zooming and scrolling

ma5on2002

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Is the zooming/scrolling smooth or laggy like every other android phone compared to iphone/wm7? i'm definitely getting the atrix but wanted to know about this issue thanks.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I went on engadget's desktop website and it was really smooth. I was pretty impressed and I come from the iPhone 4.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is the zooming/scrolling smooth or laggy like every other android phone compared to iphone/wm7? i'm definitely getting the atrix but wanted to know about this issue thanks.

I have a fascinate/continuum/ had the DX ...my girlfriend has the captivate and my father the OG Droid but i dont know what you are talking about zooming and scrolling having laggy ness for every other android phone as you put it....what phones are you specifically referring to?

ma5on2002

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
droidxcon i've tested inspire, nexus s, droid x, etc, but i'm strictly comparing smoothness to the iphone 4. imo while its a small maybe trivial issue i think it takes away from the experience. i've actually spent the last 4 hours researching this issue, ie the difference in smoothness, and i think it has to do with gpu hardware acceleration. It appears the ice cream sandwhich will be the first version to support hardware acceleration. I was hoping that the power of the atrix would compensate but the more i read the more discouraged I get.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ice Cream will not be the first with 2D hardware acceleration. Gingerbread 2.4 will have it (some parts of 2.3 have hardware acceleration). Because Google recently announced that 2.3 was for the Nexus S only, it looks like Motorola will be upgrading the Atrix to 2.4, not 2.3 as originally reported.

Some of the menus in 2.3 (via CyanogenMod7) seemed smoother on my Nexus One. Hardware acceleration may have had something to do with that, or it could be the lack of bloat and an otherwise streamlined build. I'm inclined to believe the former, as the Tegra2 is quite a beast compared to a 1st-gen Snapdragn...