our wives use iphone. real men like us use android! lol

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
well, until we force our wives to grow a pair and get them a captivate for Christmas and sale their *phones on ebay.

(which I don't recommend without prior approval as it's cold out here in the dog house and I'm not sure if there is any room for any of you to join me)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Let's put it this way... I'm switching to ATT just to get the Atrix for me and the iPhone for my wife. :p

I loved my iPod touch though, not going to lie, it made surviving to the end of my non-smart phone contract with t-mobile possible. I need to expand, but the iPhone (iPod touch on steroids) is perfect for her.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I think most "ignorant" (not limited to women) people are fascinated/attracted to Apple and their geniuses. Unless Motorola or maybe Google opens exclusive Android stores to showcase the latest ad greatest, the glamor and reach of Apple stores cannot be ignored.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been on AT&T for a few years now and me and the wife had iPhones. I just switched to the Atrix and gave my wife my iPhone 4 haha.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My ex-wife and current GF both have iPhone 4's (ex on ATT and GF on VZW...gotta keep'em separated). I went from BlackBerry to the Atrix. Just say'in.

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I think most "ignorant" (not limited to women) people are fascinated/attracted to Apple and their geniuses. Unless Motorola or maybe Google opens exclusive Android stores to showcase the latest ad greatest, the glamor and reach of Apple stores cannot be ignored.

That's a pretty "ignorant" statement.

Both have a lot to offer to people, it's a matter of taste. If you want simplicity Apple is the way to go. No offense, but everything doesn't just work on android. Somethings require some work and there are people that just want a simple phone.

Both my wife and I have an atrix... at least for now, it's going back if the voice quality issues aren't resolved.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
That's a pretty "ignorant" statement.
Not ignorant at all...I have myself used an iPhone for 3yrs. Apple's dictatorship with their app store, restricting Flash on iOS devices, death grip, not supporting competing apps (browsers, music players, email apps, etc..even google voice!) etc are few things that non-technical people don't understand and don't care about. These are the people whom I referred to as ignorant (not in a bad way). I am not saying Apple makes bad products, but the glamor and fan following associated with their products make a HUGE difference in market share and thats where they win as compared to Android.

I've seen a lot of people complain about voice quality and I have found that the quality is superb. Maybe I got lucky?
+1, no issues at all.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
iOS' appeal is its ease of use and its non-complicatedness. i know a lot of male friends of mine who used android and returned their android device for an iphone just because they did not feel like learning the nuances of the android OS. and to that i say, to each his own.

that said, i dont think its a gender thing at all. i have a ton of (tech-savvy) male friends who use an iphone, and have a lot of female friends who use android (my wife among them). i think the bigger factor is what you want out of your mobile experience

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone I was worried about learning the Android O/S and figured it would take a while. I found that it took very little time to figure everything out and I consider myself fairly good now. Now if I could just get ADB down to install themes lol.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone I was worried about learning the Android O/S and figured it would take a while. I found that it took very little time to figure everything out and I consider myself fairly good now. Now if I could just get ADB down to install themes lol.

The big difference I've found is the menu button. With iOS you had to go to the main menu of the phone to change ANYTHING and with aOS you can, for the most part, make changes from within the app itself by using the menu button. My wife is always going to the main menu/settings of the phone to make changes like she used to with the iOS.

It's the simple, one button feature I think that throws a lot of iOS fans when coming to the light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress