At&t killed my love for this phone! =(

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Atrix is an amazing phone. But I live near Chicago and iPhone users are everywhere! The network has been suffering worse and worse every day. I the Atrix can't even hold a solid signal. The speed is amazing and the HPSA+ is improving. It did alot with the last update. But I dropped almost 5 calls a day. And using it to call clients discussing loans and accounts sucks when you drop a call in the middle of a conversion, while standing in the same spot that all the sudden when from 4 or 5 bars to nothing. Moto really has been working there @$$3$ off trying to make this phone as best as it possibly could. But it's not Motos fault that they built an amazing and top of the line standard that At&t cripples. The non sideloading, and ****ty network sucks. I don't mind the locked bootloader, but it's always nice to have that option open. But I bought the Nexus S 4G on Sunday and using both networks this week to see if anything would change and Sprint preforms just better over all. Speed might not always be there. But with WIfi everywhere thats not always a big concern for me.

The community is great in this forum. I just need a reliable network for my needs between work/school/personal. I hope all of you have a better experience than I had with At&t.

Sorry for the rant and I know bashing something isn't what people want to hear. Just needed somewhere to air out lol.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your stupid ranting. Just joking, I would be upset too. There is another poster on here in the Chicago area with similiar issues and just as upset. Good luck....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree that this is a great phone. AT&T's network is just horrible with all the iPhone users. Where I am, AT&T has bought Centennial Wireless and had to give up there towers south of where I am here in Louisiana. Since the merging has started my signal which used to be 3 to 4 bars has no dropped to 2 to no service. I talked to them the other day and they said now my office is in a fringe zone and that service may or may not improve. Now I am trying to convince my boss to change to Verizon as they got the towers that AT&T had to divest in the merger and it looks to me that Verizon will have slightly better coverage once they get all the towers converted to their use.

Moto is, in my opinion, not to blame for the problems with this phone. Every update had improved and fixed bugs that they are aware of. AT&T's network is the problem and their acquisition of T-mobile, if it goes through, will make no difference in my coverage here.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i'll be going to the Nexus S 4G, too.

returned the atrix 3 weeks ago...

atrix issue is poor quality control of components by moto. some units good, some bad. software the same for all units. do the math...

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree, MotoBlur is horrible and slows the phone down like crazy. But when I have 4 bars and it shows no service for 2-3 seconds randomly that freaks me out. I really love the stock feel of the Nexus S 4G. I get really good 4G signal at work (4-8Mbps) and 1-2mbps upload. I haven't dropped a call yet. And the Gingerbread keyboard is amazing. I don't miss swipe or care to install my purchased copy of SwiftKey. At&t needs to not cripple their phones and Moto needs to unlock their bootloaders so people can play with the phone more.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I am so glad I left att. The iPhone has destroyed the att network. It was actually pretty outstanding before that darn phone came out.

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Location, location, location!

My very worst experience was with Sprint. Only had 3G/data service for a few hours per day, on weekdays. On weekends, they shut down 3g/data for the entire weekend. When I would launch the browser I got the message "data network down for routine weekend maintenance".

This went on for 6 months, straight. After my forcing refunds, month after month, due to their unavailable data service, Sprint voluntarily cancelled my contract, and bought back my phone.

Then I moved to ATT, and it's been smooth sailing, ever since. Now just beginning my 3rd 2-year contract with ATT, I can count on one hand, the number of times I've had a dropped call, in all that time.

Everyone's experience is different.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Same here. My experience with AT&T is awesome. I don't drop calls due to network issues. I know this because I have 4 smartphones on 4 lines.

I have Sprint still and I'm just waiting until next month to cancel my line. I purchased the Pre and stop using it 3 weeks later as the iPhone 3GS was released.

My calls have never dropped on my Atrix and like attweco, I've probably had a handful of dropped calls (the most).

I'm in the NYC region in Rutherford, NJ.

With that said... I plan on getting the Nexus S if/when it hits AT&T 3G/4G.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
And the Nexus is just as fast as my Atrix was. Theres nothing bogging the system down. It comes with only the basic apps, I could barely scrowl the app drawer lol. But the addition of Netflix and no worries bout Data is nice. I thought the Sprint 3G would be a problem and it loads Netflix quite nicely. But I read engadgets review on the Infuse 4G. And it got up to an 8.5mbps download which is crazy fast. Its just where I live. So many users on At&t.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Sprint network is the worse. I would barely get 4G. :( and when I tried to get 3G it says network could not connect. I left Sprint and came to att.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think other android single core phones are also as nice as the atrix.With that said I'm not shooting down the atrix,I love my phone because of the amount of things that can be done with it,after some hacking,I guess but done none the less.
I like the Nexus alot its a tight phone but the webtop hack and stuff makes the atrix pretty darn good for when you want a computer on the go.
Att on the other hand has until recently(at least for me) sucked horribly.
I had a BB before and internet speeds were terrible and call were dropped,though I realize it also might have had to do with the BB's radio so its up for debate.The atrix for me is loud and clear maybe one or two dropped calls and thats because I was either in building that seemed more like a war bunker or terrible rainy weather but lately att has been giving me better service.I'm happyI'm getting more for my monye now.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
At&t just had bad service, Why do you think everyone went to Verizon when they got the iphone 4? The same will happen when the bionic comes out. Then all the atrix users will be fulfilled.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
At&t just had bad service, Why do you think everyone went to Verizon when they got the iphone 4? The same will happen when the bionic comes out. Then all the atrix users will be fulfilled.
where did you get this info from? a lot of currently subscribers of verizon chose the iPhone. there were defectors, but not "everyone". heck, everyone i know on at&t with an iPhone didn't leave... and i know a lot! in fact, i know one that came to at&t after it came to verizon. haha. he wanted simultaneous voice and data on 3G.

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Most of the cities I travel to consistently AT&T is quite good and I don't have the issue of dropped calls or spotty coverage. Granted, if I was facing those problems it would hinder the Atrix experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo