Switching from Wifi back to Edge/3G

captaincrunch

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If I connect the Captivate to a Wifi access point and browse the internet all works great. If I then turn off Wifi, then browsing stops working until I power cycle the phone. Then browsing can work on Edge or 3G. Anyone experience this? Is their someway to reset this without a power cycle?

dewhite04

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same thing yesterday, except that browsing over 3G before I power-cycled was hobbled. It would load parts of some pages and none of others...

I actually though the 3G coverage at my house was just sucking, but a power cycle instantly improved the browsing experience...

jeversion1

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
agreed

I had the same issue both ways and it was actually affecting more than my browser this morning. It started affecting twitter and facebook as well. Then all of a sudden i couldnt send much of anything as in email or text. Power cycle fixes it but thats not the greatest ever.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
i haven't had this problem per say, I did notice a little roughness on the transition from wifi to 3g and back, but I could either exit out of the program (hitting the return button till I returned back to the home screen vs just hitting the home screen) or cycling the wifi connection (turn wifi off then back on again) usually cleared the hiccups. Seems to work fine, and a bit better than power cycling the entire phone.

thebiggboss

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Same issue over here

same issue over here. you dont have to power cycle the phone, just toggle Settings/Wireless & Network Settings/Mobile Networks/use only 2G networks, or just use the power widget to do the switch. Same issue on all stock and custom ROM's. I'm in Europe BTW.

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helaheather7