Bluetooth Notification

stixho

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow Android World population, so I'm new to this Android phone World.

With all my older Samsung phones I am able to hear a sound any and every time I connect something via Bluetooth.

My question is, can you make the Captivate play some sort of notification letting you know that the bluetooth device is connected?...

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Stixho -

Limited BT capabilities has been my only Android OS frustration. Coming from the dark side (Apple IPhone), I was able to stream everything into my BlueAnt Q1 headset. Now I can only receive calls. This was true for the HTC Aria I tried for a few weeks and now for the Captivate.

I understand this may be remedied with the 2.2......I hope!

valueman

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had no problem getting music to play in my BT. Also, I get a chirp in the headset when it connects. I have the JB Icon.

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Valueman - After reading your post I decided to dig in the settings once again and now am totally confused. Within the stock music player menu there is an option to listen via BT. Once selected it scans for available devices.....and here's the confusing part.......

my headset is already connected yet when the music player scans it doesn't find any devices.......

help.....I must be missing something????

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Valueman - After reading your post I decided to dig in the settings once again and now am totally confused. Within the stock music player menu there is an option to listen via BT. Once selected it scans for available devices.....and here's the confusing part.......

my headset is already connected yet when the music player scans it doesn't find any devices.......

help.....I must be missing something????

Is your headset a phone call headset or stereo music? Does it support A2DP for streaming audio? If not, then the player probably won't see it.

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, its A2DP supported and everything audible came through on my old IPhone. Maybe it's just this headset manufacturer/model. Would love to know if there are any Q1 users and what their experience has been.

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
After a lot of searching, I found the following advice and it worked for me!

The icon next to my bluetooth device was showing a Phone icon in bluetooth settings. I held down and chose disconnect and unpair and after that the device unpaired and the icon changed to a headset icon and said press to pair with this device...I did, and the icon stayed like a pair of headphones and now does its A2dp thing...

So if you have a a2dp device and it shows the phone icon, unpair/disconnect, and hopefully the icon will change to the next....stage.....