Does Exchange Kill Battery?

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently added an exchange acct (using the native email app) and shortly after noticed battery life going down the drain along with other problems (including freezing up several times - remedied only by hard reset). I've since removed this acct and done a factory reset (ugh!) but everything seems ok.

Has anyone experienced this? Would running exchange through another email app be advisable....recommendations?

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am running Exchange sync with no issues using the native app. There is some lag on some screens, but I see that with all my email accounts. I tried K9 and it was 10 times worse.

I have had multiple Android phones (iPhone and WinMo) and Exchange sync has not been a battery drain on any of these.

mark62nc

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
alphadog, thanks for the feedback. Of course, I was adding additional apps during this period so maybe it was something else causing the problem....

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Could be. I have Exchange Push running and i don't see a battery drain. I also set off-peak hours for no sync (10pm to 7am) - mainly because i don't need to hear email chimes at night. If someone really needs me, they will call me.

EAS (Exchange Active Sync) doing PUSH uses less battery then checking a POP account every 15 minutes.