Multi view update on December 27th!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Omg I finally got my update! Thanks to all those that helped me! For those of you that will follow the download in this forum use astro instead of file explorer to remove the cfg from the update.zip..it does work...:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you got it finally :)

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm so happy for you Peaches. After reading your post, it seems like you copy the file right into your phone. You should have renamed it on your computer than transferred it. I think after you installed it, the process seem so simple. I'm super happy you got it.

As for Soap4Me, I hope that UCQuality can send you the file. Or you can try to search google for the file name and hopefully it will show up and you can be updated.

I'm still here checking to make sure no one else have issues with the manual update. Let me know if you have problems, but the earlier post should have been self explainatory.

Sonicthoughts

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Kelly:
You are very defensive, do you work for AT&T? I really don't understand why AT&T has anything to do with these updates. There is absolutely no technical reason that they need to stagger other than poor provisioning of update servers. My point is that many people, like Apple and Verizon can handle much larger updates. AT&T has chosen to use this poor method when there are much faster ways to do this . Has nothing to do with the network if I'm updating over WiFI.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope don't work for AT&T. Most that are in LTE areas will update LTE, it's about double the speed of wifi.

Sorry, addressing your post isn't defensive. What do you think AT&T gets out of staggering updates besides being overrun with calls, which they have been.
No reason to stagger upgrades for no reason and since yesterday, I have been bumped to EDGE several times and that had never happened before, started yesterday.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried both Kies and the date forwarding trick and both has not worked for me.
Last time I tired to update, it said I have to wait 1500+ hours :'(

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Kelly I really love all your posts, honestly. Sonic is right on one thing. ATandT could have handled this much better than they did. They could have put it ONLINE and all could have downloaded leaving their network free. My daughter also defends ATandT. I have been with Sprint as well as ATandT and they handle updates much more efficiently. They PUSH to phones with no timer crap programs. ATandT told me they are being overrun with calls anyway now due to customers complaining about how they handled this minor update. In the long run they saved nothing but rather gave all a big headache. :(

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope don't work for AT&T. Most that are in LTE areas will update LTE, it's about double the speed of wifi.

Sorry, addressing your post isn't defensive. What do you think AT&T gets out of staggering updates besides being overrun with calls, which they have been.
No reason to stagger upgrades for no reason and since yesterday, I have been bumped to EDGE several times and that had never happened before, started yesterday.

First off, kudos to Kelly for all the terrific help. I spoke to AT&T the person transferred me to Samsung. The Samsung agent transferred me to Samsung Tier2 Tech and then to ECR.
The update was pushed out by Google, not AT&T and not Samsung. The distribution of the update is a Google thing...they have access to the networks. The timer thing is AT&T' genius. ALSO I was told that there is software on the phone that is active annd they can upgrade it at will without notifing the owner of the device. You will get a red and gray arrow next to the att icon and in notifications it will say connecting to a DM server.
Lastly Kelly and several other seasoned Forum Members cautioned everyon about playing games with the update software timer. No one should be defensive with Kelly or anyone else on the forum. The Onus belongs to AT&T, Samsung and Google. They could yave just as easily offered a preliminary statement about the upgrade and how to deal with It.

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
How come everybody keep getting these updates and im not.....I rebooted my phone, reset it and everything.....im not touching that software button nomore until I get the update on its own......SMH

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got my update without any problems. I don't understand why people are getting so upset ... it's really not doing all that much, just 1 feature (that you've never had before anyway).
So why is a few days wait for it so terrible? The Note2 was great without it, it's not like it's totally unusable.

In defense of AT&T:
1. We don't have a logo on the home button -- sounds silly but it's a huge deal to some people.
2. The network is a lot faster than Sprint.
3. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to use them.

I've been playing with multi-window, it's nice but not a killer compared to a lot of other features.

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
People paid hella money for that device and people spending hella money on the phone bill therefore I want what I paid for I want the whole deal.....
I got my update without any problems. I don't understand why people are getting so upset ... it's really not doing all that much, just 1 feature (that you've never had before anyway).
So why is a few days wait for it so terrible? The Note2 was great without it, it's not like it's totally unusable.

In defense of AT&T:
1. We don't have a logo on the home button -- sounds silly but it's a huge deal to some people.
2. The network is a lot faster than Sprint.
3. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to use them.

I've been playing with multi-window, it's nice but not a killer compared to a lot of other features.

sk8ordie72

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Just looked for an update using wifi and it was there waiting on me. It's on its 2nd reboot right now. Can't wait! Android is updating apps now. I love this machine.

sk8ordie72

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It did. It did the first download (7-10mins) then rebooted. Then it uploaded on the AT&T screen(3mins) then rebooted again. Then it upgraded and optimized all my apps(2mins) and it was ready for use.

David Carabez

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay. This is what I did. I transfer the uodate file to my download file on the internal sd card. I then transfered the file to my external sd card. You can make a folder or put it in the external sd card. When you do the safe mode reboot, it will ask you to install from external sd card. Select the update file and it should start updating. Just fyi, it will erase everything in the internal sd card so I would back it up with kies. Let me know if you have oyher questions or if it actually worked. If it doesnt and you are stuck let me know also.

Is there somewhere else to get the update file?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress