Question about SGN2 updates

jyobah

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I recently ditched the Iphone 5 for the SGN2 and so far I am in heaven. The one thing that has been bugging me is it is an ATT phone but I want to end my contract with ATT. When I do this, will my phone be able to get updates? I ask because under the updates menu it shows ATT servers as the place it will look for it. I plan on using the phone unlocked on a pre paid service plan but was not sure if my phone needs to be rooted in order to put updates in manually.

It is currently on 4.1.1 and would like the multi window function that is part of the new update. Any helpful information will be much appreciated and would like to thank anyone in advance for their replies/suggestions.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I recently ditched the Iphone 5 for the SGN2 and so far I am in heaven. The one thing that has been bugging me is it is an ATT phone but I want to end my contract with ATT. When I do this, will my phone be able to get updates? I ask because under the updates menu it shows ATT servers as the place it will look for it. I plan on using the phone unlocked on a pre paid service plan but was not sure if my phone needs to be rooted in order to put updates in manually.

It is currently on 4.1.1 and would like the multi window function that is part of the new update. Any helpful information will be much appreciated and would like to thank anyone in advance for their replies/suggestions.

Yes, rooting and flashing a new ROM will get the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2
If you're not happy with AT&T coverage & service you think a pre-paid service will be better?!?:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty