What was this 96meg update from AT&T on my Note 2 today?

rob367

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I got one also. Gone through the phone and didnt see any changes to anything. Would be nice to know what the update had in it.

Posted via the Android Central App

bostonguy

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Be careful, there's a string over on XDA about this and it killed my Note. I was rooted but otherwise stock GN2 (stock rom and recovery, apps, etc). Got the update, rebooted and it got stuck at the boot logo. I tried everything. Flashed CWM, then tried a couple different ROM's. Then went to TWRP recovery, and tried the Team Elektron ROM, that got a little farther, boot logo with sound, but it still hung. Tried a modem update, and even the bootloader - nothing worked.

Luckily I had just bought mine ($300 on Amazon right now) so I just sent it back as defective and ordered a new one. Gonna be real careful of the ATT update and maybe even skip it and go right to a custom ROM.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
If att bricks your phone would they replace it? I mean there update caused the issue. So they would have to right?

Posted via the Android Central App

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I am not rooted, I have noticed that my WIFI seems to work better. I mean before it would sometimes not connect back after the phone sit in my pocket for awhile and I would have to cycle the WIFI on/off. Now it seems to work fine. I dont know if this update helped that or if it changed something else that improved the wifi issue.

Mustard

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Got that update. having a hard time connecting to 4G after the update. Areas were using Waze wasn't a problem now, it says searching for network. Sending text from my home has also become a problem.Most of the time I have to turn off the wifi connection to be able to receive and send texts. I wonder if Samsung followed Apple in sending updates that basically renders your phone useless then gets you annoyed that you go out and buy a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa