ATT gophone plan on galaxy note

goohall2000

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You need to change APN for the data plan to work on phone. Try this and let me know.

Name: AT&T

APN: wap.cingular

Proxy: wireless.cingular.com

Port: 80
Username:
WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1

Server: leave blank

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

mms protocol: wap 2.0
MMS
Port: 80

MCC:310

MNC:410

APN Type: leave blank

Don Brink

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
goohall2000,
I tried your settings without success. I do not have the option on my phone to edit the MMS protocol so could not enter that value. Also, I have no option to leave the APN Type blank.

dcb

christyj77

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Gophone plan on a galaxy note will not have data unless you buy a separate data plan. You will have data for free on a gophone, but not on a smartphone. Also, you do not get 4g speed, even though it does show 4g on the icon. I have tested this and it's actually a 3g speed, still had no problem streaming a video or a movie. Here are the apn settings for a galaxy note being used as a gophone..

ATT (GoPhone APN)
Name
ATT
APN WAP.CINGULAR
PROXY NOT SET
MMS PROXY NOT SET
USER NAME WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM
PASSWORD CINGULAR1
SERVER NOT SET
MMSC HTTP://MMSC.CINGULAR.COM
MMS PROXY WIRELESS.CINGULAR.COM
MMS PORT 80
MCC 310
MNC 410
AUTHENTICATION TYPE NONE
APN TYPE INTERNET+MMS
APN PROTOCOL IPV4

mmsc and password are uppercase.

christyj77

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much this helped i now have my data package working and my mms. But i have a question does this work with the $50 prepay too or just the $65?

CRich1123

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a galaxy note i717 which was on a contract and I cancelled the contract so that I could use it on gophone prepaid. I purchased a cheap gophone and activated the sim. I put the sim in my galaxy note i717 and it says invalid card. I try to look at the apns and there are none visible. It will allow me to create an apn, but still will not allow me to view it after it's saved. Please guide me in this process. Thank you.

Last edited:

allie2310

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The sim card is locked. You need to put it back in the go phone you bought and call go phone customer service and have them unlock it. Dont twll them you plan on using the Note though.

elpadrino1990

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Theses apn settings worked for My note
Name: ATT
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: none
Port: none
Username and password are blank
Server: none
Mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Mms proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Mms port: 80
Mcc: 310
Mnc: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type: Internet+mms

Abhilash Nair

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm unable to get with following setting to connect my galaxy note 8.0 to 3g network. I'm still on EDGE 2g network with AT&T . Please help me if anything else needs to be done. I don't see the field for mms protocol?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I'm unable to get with following setting to connect my galaxy note 8.0 to 3g network. I'm still on EDGE 2g network with AT&T . Please help me if anything else needs to be done. I don't see the field for mms protocol?

Wrong thread. This thread is for the Original note phone. You need to go in the correct section for the note tabs to get help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress