Anybody got anything new?

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome, can we all come over and stand outside the shed in anticipation of you opening the doors to let us see it, cause I'm sure it will be coming soon.

I got a better unicorn in my shed. Don't know when I'll show it off but sign up for email updates on my page.

Trip64

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
nothing good....

Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date: AT&T Release Postponed
By Fionna Agomuoh

The highly-anticipated U.S. release of the Samsung Galaxy S2 for the AT&T network has been postponed.

The smartphone was scheduled to be released in a special pre-sale Sunday, but now according to the official AT&T website, the Galaxy S2 is now ?coming soon.?

Sept. 18 was the only proposed release date for the AT&T Galaxy S2. Now rumors speculate that the phone won?t be released until after the iPhone 5.

Release dates for the iPhone 5 are also up in the air. Rumors indicate that the Apple may release the smartphone to the public anywhere between early October and sometime in 2012.

In the meanwhile, the Sprint version of the Galaxy S2, the Epic 4G Touch, was released Friday, to rave reviews.

The Galaxy S2, Samsung?s best-selling phone, is already highly popular overseas. In the U.S., it is expected to be a fierce competitor with other popular, highly-anticipated smartphones such as the iPhone 5 and Droid Bionic.:mad:

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If it truly isn't released until after the first of the year I'm not really sure what the point in even releasing it will be, at that point people are going to either have bought something else or they are going to be waiting for a phone that isn't already a year old.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The smartphone was scheduled to be released in a special pre-sale Sunday, but now according to the official AT&T website, the Galaxy S2 is now ?coming soon.?

Sept. 18 was the only proposed release date for the AT&T Galaxy S2. Now rumors speculate that the phone won?t be released until after the iPhone 5.

Wow. So by the time they release it, the phone is at least than a half a year old. Very easy solution, if they keep delaying the release, then I should just keep delaying my desire to buy it.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as much as I want this phone if the iP5 comes out first I may look at it. Even with the amount I hated the 3gs...

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as much as I want this phone if the iP5 comes out first I may look at it. Even with the amount I hated the 3gs...

I won't go that far, I can not wait to get rid of my Iphone.

I'll let my wife get the next Iphone but I don't have any desire to even consider it as an alternative to a Android phone of some sort.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol, you have a point. I've been on both sides of the coin though, from 3gs to a stolen captivate which forced me back to a 3gs. I have been wanting to get back to android since, but like an idiot I sold my 3gs early thinking I would have a new phone on the 18th and now anything, even/especially and iP5 would be better than the pos I'm rocking currently.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using the old 3G not even a 3GS, so at least you have that.

This phone is so slow that there are days where I consider going back to my old school Palm. I haven't really considered the possibility that the GS2 won't come out until after the first of the year if there really is some sort of issue that has caused it to be postponed. I'm not really sure what I will do in that case as I'm not going to make it much longer with this POS.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
If it truly isn't released until after the first of the year I'm not really sure what the point in even releasing it will be, at that point people are going to either have bought something else or they are going to be waiting for a phone that isn't already a year old.

Im thinking the same thing. Why even bother of releasing it. Of course, common consumer wouldnt know the difference...us tech enthusiastic will probably just wait for the nexus prime or even the iphone 5....and see what is going on with that...

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow. So by the time they release it, the phone is at least than a half a year old. Very easy solution, if they keep delaying the release, then I should just keep delaying my desire to buy it.

Pwnd by the Bionicitis. Lmao, seriously though, I am bummed it didn't come out this past Sunday. If I don't get my hands on a Bionic by the time this phone comes out, I may be switching from vzw.

Ps waiting for the local Costco to get bionics back in. There are too many issues with the bionic for me to make that 14 day policy acceptable right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
i've got a unicorn in the shed in my backyard. but it's not public yet.

LOL. You stay in your shed on that horn and I'll use LTE. Rant and rave all you like. If you think every carrier is not always testing devices and loads, I can sell you a second unicorn cheap. Some testers are even brave enough to come comment in forums like these and skirt breaking their NDAs.

Last edited:

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, at the risk of asking you to break that NDA, which I would never do, and you say, which you never would, what would someone who might know something say about how long someone like me have to wait for a phone like a Galaxy S II?

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, at the risk of asking you to break that NDA, which I would never do, and you say, which you never would, what would someone who might know something say about how long someone like me have to wait for a phone like a Galaxy S II?

Since I don't have one to test, I don't know much about what is happening with this device. I want a production model too so I am in the same boat as everyone else as far as the official release goes.:(

Everyone needs to think about the "iPhone5" that was lost in that bar out in CA...Could have been brilliant marketing to get some hype going ya know. All carriers and mobile vendors are constantly testing devices and loads. For me I will simply return my Infuse at the end of this month and go back to my Inspire until something neat gets released if the SGSII does not get released soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95