Touchscreen screwy while charging?

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm charging with the stock cord and adapter and I'm getting pretty pissed off with this thing while its plugged in. Anybody else having issues?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The magnetic field created by charging the phone can cause issues with the touchscreen. It goes back to normal when it's unplugged right?

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I had Sprint's version of the phone for a few days and had this problem. Switching to a different charger fixed the problem. I have a number of HTC charging blocks and generic USB cables I bought on Monoprice. All I did was try a few different combinations until it stopped. Have not experienced this with the AT&T version of the phone.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it does stop when I unplug it. I guess ill try out some different things and see if I can get it to stop.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just like the Epic, there is a serious defect with that charger. Try a different one instead. Somewhere I'm the Epic Touch forum I posted a link to an OEM Samsung charger with a 5 foot cord that fixes the problem. I'm mobile right now, otherwise I would link you.

Reactions: bake

Philter05

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Stops freaking out when I unplug it. USB cable only to my PC doesn't do it, but i guess there's less current flow via USB. Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

azklady13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Recently my samsung galaxy stopped charging when plugged into the car charger and when its plugged in it goes into a "car" mode that I haven't seen before and i am unable to use the phone unless I unplug it. It charges at home with no problem and the car charger charges my bluetooth with no problem. any ideas?

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing no issues on the chargers I'm using..
Samsung Charger (stock, comes with the phone 0.7A)
HP TouchPad Charger (comes with the HP TouchPad, rated around 2.0A)
Car charger: Kensington K39224US PowerBolt (2.1A)

KeiranSolaris

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't think I've ever seen this on my SG2s and using the stock charger for both. Also have a small Jawbone microusb cord sitting with my laptop at work and that doesn't cause me any issues either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa