Installing apps on external sd

psams

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi everybody, I'm looking for advise, i went to Manage Applications choose application and than choose move to SD card. When i open external_sd i don't see apps i just moved. Any idea what is going on?
Thanks

chaplain

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody, I'm looking for advise, i went to Manage Applications choose application and than choose move to SD card. When i open external_sd i don't see apps i just moved. Any idea what is going on?
Thanks
SD and "external_sd" are two different things. You have phone memory, sd, and external_sd. Apps are loaded by default in phone memory. Most people do not run out of this memory, but many feel that the phone runs faster if some of the apps are moved from phone memory to "sd" (sometimes called "sd card" just to confuse everyone) - just in case 90% the speed of light is not fast enuf. It is also possible to run out of phone memory if there are a lot of apps installed to the "phone", so moving some to sd creates more room. External_sd should be used for archiving, backups, etc., not for resident apps. Also, never move to "sd" anything that needs to update a live widget on the phone's screen, like the clock, battery widget, weather, phone log, etc. - it will not update. If you google "android phone memory", you will find articles with more details. I assume you are not rooted. Astro is a good file manager for a non-rooted phone, which will give you more details than the "my files" function that came with the phone, and also allow searches, move files, copy files, etc. Hope this helps.