Put Your Phone In The Freezer....phone overheated?

0mn1p0tent

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone (ATT SGH-I777) has been acting up lately. Not charging properly. Very poor battery longevity. I changed batteries. I changed cables. I changed chargers. Nothing seemed to work. This morning when I woke up the phone was dead even though I left it plugged in to AC power all night. Completely dead. It would not turn on, and the empty battery symbol would appear for a moment, then disappear. The light on the charging cable would change from blue to red but the phone would never recover nor show the charging graphic that is displayed when it is off but plugged in. Thinking it was jsut REALLY drained. I left it plugged in for several hours in this state but could not get the phone to come back on. I assumed I had blown the motherboard or something. When I picked it up I noticed it was warmer than usual. Not hot, just warmer than normal like when under heavy use.

Since I had nothing to lose, I dropped it in a ziplock baggie and threw it in the freezer for about an hour.

When I plugged it back in it immediately went past the point it was stuck in all day and started charging. I rebooted it at 50% charged, backed up all of my data then upgraded firmware to 4.04 via KIES It is now gaining a charge % point every 3 mins or so on USB connected to the PC.

Anyone ever have this happen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez