Is it a good time to Root my AT&T GS3 yet?

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1st off let me appologize in advance for any misuse of Android terminology, I have only been using Android for less than a month.

So I have been looking all over the internet for info on Rooting my AT&T GS3 and loading a "Vanilla" Jelly Bean on it, BUT, it seems that developers are still in the early stages of getting the Root figured out, and pushing a Jelly Bean ROM.

My question is: Is it a good time to Root and flash a Jelly Bean ROM to my AT&T GS3? or should i wait, hoping that better Roots/ROMs will come out?

I won't Root my device unless I can find a way to reliably backup my phone. I have looked at Nandroid but I think that is out of date now.

Please let me know if there is a reliable Root method WITH backup and if there are any GREAT Jelly Bean ROM for my AT&T GS3.

Thanks In Advance.

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
1st off let me appologize in advance for any misuse of Android terminology, I have only been using Android for less than a month.

So I have been looking all over the internet for info on Rooting my AT&T GS3 and loading a "Vanilla" Jelly Bean on it, BUT, it seems that developers are still in the early stages of getting the Root figured out, and pushing a Jelly Bean ROM.

My question is: Is it a good time to Root and flash a Jelly Bean ROM to my AT&T GS3? or should i wait, hoping that better Roots/ROMs will come out?

I won't Root my device unless I can find a way to reliably backup my phone. I have looked at Nandroid but I think that is out of date now.

Please let me know if there is a reliable Root method WITH backup and if there are any GREAT Jelly Bean ROM for my AT&T GS3.

Thanks In Advance.

First you wanna worry about just rooting it. When u root it, load cwm, and do a nandroid. Once u have your system backed up, then your free to explore. That's the fun of it. Trying different new roms every other day, finding one that runs well on your phone. If the one u flash doesn't suit you, all you have to do is restore that nandroid stock backup, and your off!(90% of the time anyhow) just give it a go.

Bacon in my coffee, please? You don't have bacon?!?! Unacceptable!!