How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)

sbs8331

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to re download the zip files?
Yes, a couple of times on my original pc and again when I changed pcs.

UPDATE: I discovered my error. I had connected the cable via a wired mini-hub. I connected directly to the PC hub and was able to root.

Last edited:

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great write up. I saw there can be an issue with the formatting of the external SD card. I have some old thing that came out of a Blackberry. Would it make sense to put the zip file on both internal and external memory just in case there is an issue? I'm not hurting for space.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the great write up. I saw there can be an issue with the formatting of the external SD card. I have some old thing that came out of a Blackberry. Would it make sense to put the zip file on both internal and external memory just in case there is an issue? I'm not hurting for space.

Most likely the sdcard is fine unless it's larger than 32gb. But yes, you can put the the team epic zip file on either.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Quick question I had nandroids of different ROMs on my external SD card when I went back to stock, updated via kies to jellybean and re-rooted. If I wanted to use those nandroids would they work or could they have been corrupted and I should get rid of them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

As long as you are using the same recovery you are fine with your nandroids. However twrp won't restore backups made with cwm. And cwm won't restore twrp backups.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting stuck on step 7, after I press "start" I'll get stuck on "Get PIT for mapping...." and it won't do anything else. Still trying to figure it out.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting stuck on step 7, after I press "start" I'll get stuck on "Get PIT for mapping...." and it won't do anything else. Still trying to figure it out.

Are you connected to a usb hub? If so, plug directly into your computer. Another member was getting the same error. The fix was to remove the usb hub and plug the phone directly into the computer.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am on windows vista, if that makes a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I don't know I've never tried it on vista.... Your are getting the com and number in the com id block correct? If so, try a different cable. the samsung ones are junk and sometimes just won't work.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Got a different cable and I tried one of my ports and still didn't work. I'll try the other two this evening but I'm not very hopeful at this point.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Got a different cable and I tried one of my ports and still didn't work. I'll try the other two this evening but I'm not very hopeful at this point.

Again... are you getting a com and number in the id com block?

JONKYT

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm am new to rooting so I am doing this very slowly and have read the guides twice. When I am preparing my phone and download the Team Epic Root from Recovery file, do I need to unzip it on my pc first?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I'm am new to rooting so I am doing this very slowly and have read the guides twice. When I am preparing my phone and download the Team Epic Root from Recovery file, do I need to unzip it on my pc first?

No you will put it on your phone as is. Everything you flash in recovery will be zipped.

JONKYT

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. For some reason I can't see my phone when I press on the pda button on odin. I don't know what to do now. I'm afraid of loosing everything if I disconnect the usb plug. What do you recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa