20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm only going to put an OFFICIAL Samsung battery in my $600 phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Whats the worst that would likely happen? Seems like you'd just be out 15 bucks if they don't last long. I doubt they would explode or anything.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of nfc, anybody seen ATT versions inclusion of ANY nfc features? Think it will not have Wallet.
Should that be a different thread?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
To my understanding, all versions will have NFC as some of the file sharing apps use it. However, only the Sprint version will officially have Google Wallet. We should be able to get Google Wallet on other versions though just like the Galaxy Nexus guys on Verizon have. It just won't be officially supported or updated via the market.

As for the batteries you posted, they don't mention NFC so I'd steer clear of them. Wait a little while to see the better companies get their versions out. But swapping batteries isn't the same as a phone without NFC. I think you have to re-register the NFC chip to the phone each time, however I am not positive on this.

gimme#AC

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of nfc, anybody seen ATT versions inclusion of ANY nfc features? Think it will not have Wallet.
Should that be a different thread?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE
@LazrRocketArm

Probably should have it's own thread, BUT:
GALAXY S III Standard Battery (2100mA)

The stock spare batteries appear to have NFC printed on them, as per the GS2. AT&T can probably block Google Wallet app from being downloaded to their devices. We shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana