Anyone dislike their S3?

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
not disagreeing with u but i had the One X, awesome phone but i hated its limitations on battery and storage so i returned it. most nicest phone ever tho...

my question is, did you enable all the motion features and other goodies gsgiii had? i definitely found it superior "under the hood" but liked the looks of HOX much better...

BTC

I agree, the only thing better about the one x was the camera but that's an important feature to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

klee0032

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
the only thing I dislike is the size. I came from a note and I loved it. One thing for sure though is that I don't feel the GS3 in my pocket. I feel like I'm going to drop it because it's so small. It's like holding a baby for the first time. You just don't want to drop them. LOL But other than that it's a wonderful phone. There are a couple of things that stick out to me are all the features. Like smart stay and the motion gestures for the camera from the lock screen. One thing that I like a lot is how you can customize the text messaging bubbles and back ground. We text so much these days being able to change it up every once in a while is cool without having to download a app. I'm still getting used to the home button. I have have not used one since Iphone 4. I have had the original Galaxy S the S2 and the note. This phone is the most complete. It doesn't have me asking for more. I haven't seen even the slightest lag. I don't know if I made a mistake by getting the white one but I couldn't pre order the pebble blue one and not have seen it in person. My note was white so I pretty much knew what I was getting. So I guess the only thing that I don't like is not knowing if I got the right choice in color. LOL

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
not disagreeing with u but i had the One X, awesome phone but i hated its limitations on battery and storage so i returned it. most nicest phone ever tho...

my question is, did you enable all the motion features and other goodies gsgiii had? i definitely found it superior "under the hood" but liked the looks of HOX much better...

BTC

I agree with you on the looks of the HOX. The GS3, to me, is more rounded and feels better to hold in my hand but I still love the overall design of the HOX better.

I'm slowly enabling motion features and other goodies. Some I enabled but will never use so I turned 'em off. I just enabled the voice command to turn off the alarm. It's great!

Also enabled the motion to turn over the phone to silence it. I'm sure I've got a couple others enabled but have already forgotten 'em.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I like my Galaxy S3 over my One X. More pros than the One X for me.

What do you think about the camera differences between the S3 and one x???
My husband has the one x, and its camera so far surpasses the galaxy's .... that's pretty much the only issue I'm having with the phone-camera takes good pictures outside but inside it sucks horribly.....

And also the one x screen is brighter
But overall I like galaxy s3 better

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What do you think about the camera differences between the S3 and one x???
My husband has the one x, and its camera so far surpasses the galaxy's .... that's pretty much the only issue I'm having with the phone-camera takes good pictures outside but inside it sucks horribly.....

And also the one x screen is brighter
But overall I like galaxy s3 better

Heres a comparison of the GS3 camera vs the HOX. First pic will be HOX.

IMAG0078.jpg

20120624_123941.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

20120624_131715.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

20120624_131745.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

20120624_131622.jpg

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I've just switched from an I phone an I'm really enjoying the S3, but I'm annoyed with the separate browser brightness setting that constantly defaults to the darkest setting. I've switched to dolphin because of this.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've just switched from an I phone an I'm really enjoying the S3, but I'm annoyed with the separate browser brightness setting that constantly defaults to the darkest setting. I've switched to dolphin because of this.

You can change the setting on the stock browser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
had the S3 for 3 days... now..

Not Pleased with the middle (home) button..

It is just a tad too big.. (coming from the nexus)

I just ordered the HOX via ebay.. and will play with it and see if the feel is better.. I do know the Home button will be

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
had the S3 for 3 days... now..

Not Pleased with the middle (home) button..

It is just a tad too big.. (coming from the nexus)

__I just ordered the HOX via ebay.. and will play with it and see if the feel is better.. I do know the Home button will be
Wondering your user name... do you have a Atrix2? If so...how does the audio output of the S3 compare to the A2? I have a Sensory Hearing Deficit and its important to me to know. Maybe someone who moved from the Atrix2 to the S3 will answer.
Thanks!

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the atrix2 .. a long time ago so sorry to say I do not remember

Every phone i get I download Volume + (by meltus)

you can raise the volume all arond

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
raises it to extremely LOUD.. you can vary it..

I leave it in my pocket and it is loud..

try it on the atrix2... you can always delete it

Raneciansamaiya

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 4s to a HOX I'm really impressed with android, but now storage is an issues for me. Ive had to add all my music to google play in order to have memory. But it not convince with you might in a area that has poor data speeds. Im debating on the SGIII but I'm hearing TouchWiz isn't the best. I seem to have taken a liking to Sense. I would love to see some more comparisons. There aren't enough YouTube videos.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 4s to a HOX I'm really impressed with android, but now storage is an issues for me. Ive had to add all my music to google play in order to have memory. But it not convince with you might in a area that has poor data speeds. Im debating on the SGIII but I'm hearing TouchWiz isn't the best. I seem to have taken a liking to Sense. I would love to see some more comparisons. There aren't enough YouTube videos.

If storage is an issue I would put that above how the ui looks and feels. Touchwiz is more fluid and stable than sense 4 already.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
If storage is an issue I would put that above how the ui looks and feels. Touchwiz is more fluid and stable than sense 4 already.

I would say it's the opposite of fluid. Disjointed would be the word I'd use for it. And if it's so stable, why does touchwiz constantly restart whenever I exit apps?

Reactions: Raneciansamaiya

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I would say it's the opposite of fluid. Disjointed would be the word I'd use for it. And if it's so stable, why does touchwiz constantly restart whenever I exit apps?

I dunno, maybe you messed something up? Touchwiz on my sgs3 is notably more fluid and stable than one x. Prettiness, not so much.