Bluetooth issues

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So i paired my SG3 to my car BT system and it cannot stream music and take a phone call at the same time. It pairs just fine, and if you look on the phone it has 2 check boxes under bt for car audio and media audio both can be checked. However, if i am streaming music and i get a call the music stops and the phone disconnects from BT, it's very annoying as i have to take the call using the headset and BT does not work for the call. When i do not stream music the phone works for calls just fine in the car.

This is pretty bad since all my iphones and my HTC one X all were able to do this just fine. I would think Samsungs SG3 would be at least able to do what those phones could do, or am i assuming to much and that it's one or the other as far as BT goes.

Is anyone else having this issue?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So i paired my SG3 to my car BT system and it cannot stream music and take a phone call at the same time. It pairs just fine, and if you look on the phone it has 2 check boxes under bt for car audio and media audio both can be checked. However, if i am streaming music and i get a call the music stops and the phone disconnects from BT, it's very annoying as i have to take the call using the headset and BT does not work for the call. When i do not stream music the phone works for calls just fine in the car.

This is pretty bad since all my iphones and my HTC one X all were able to do this just fine. I would think Samsungs SG3 would be at least able to do what those phones could do, or am i assuming to much and that it's one or the other as far as BT goes.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Get an EVO LTE and kick some beats audio action...

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That is lame. Complain to Samsung. No reason it shouldnt do it. Or u just wait for a custom Rom that doesnt have that issue. Seems more like Samsung dropped the ball and probably didn't test that feature.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I will test with mine when the phone comes in. I won't get mine for week since I ordered through amazon.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I will test with mine when the phone comes in. I won't get mine for week since I ordered through amazon.

Cool, let me know how it works out. I'm going to look around Sammy's web site and see if i can submit feed back or something.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems like all these devices have little quirks. At least, that's what I've noticed.

I have a Kenwood navigation system in my car. Had the HOX and BT would connect and show icons that it was working with Aha radio and Pandora but when I tried to use them, it wouldn't connect. Phone worked fine but options for getting text messages on the head unit and voice dialing wouldn't work.

Now I've got a GS3 and paired it up. No options for Aha radio and Pandora. However, now I get text messages and the voice dialing is working.

Two of the latest and greatest devices and both don't work 100% with my head unit (which is also latest and greatest).

Sorry for ranting. This doesn't help your issue but I feel your pain!

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
sparklmatic,

Does Kenwood make a driver or app for Android phones for your model receiver head?

I was looking at a lower model Kenwood replacement head for my car and the had was set to pair with an iPhone, but for Android phone they had a specific app to be used when pairing the phone.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
@Sailindawg I'm not sure if they do or not. I have the DNX9990HD and they provide firmware updates for it through their website. The Galaxy S2 is listed but not the S3. The HOX wasn't listed either.

To pair up with my head unit, I just use the on screen menus to do it. Doesn't require an app. I've paired up my iPad, Android and someone's iPhone through the menus.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 2012 Toyota corolla. Damn thing rides nicer than my 08 Camry. The Bluetooth radio on it is pretty good. I have had no issues with my HOX. So hopefully gs3 works fine with it. Here is to hoping amazon ships is soon. I will report back when get the phone.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2011 Nissan, sorry but my phone refuses to let me input the name with out it auto correcting to the wrong word. I can actually watch the phone turn off the option to be both when I play a song. When I get a call the song stops and I see the car try and try to connect to the phone but it can't because the phone does not let it connect. For now i can only use it as a phone in the car because of this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central For

Reactions: superSSS

superSSS

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.

But i'm really interested in your car model. My co-worker has Nissan, too.
I want to try it. I will appriciate if you can let me know your car model. :)

mulcher

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my 2012 Infiniti G37. Worked perfectly fine with my Galaxy S2 (Sprint)

Based on my googling, the issue seems to be the S3 (not sure if its ICS in general or just the S3)

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Cool, let me know how it works out. I'm going to look around Sammy's web site and see if i can submit feed back or something.

I finally got my phone and tested it with my car. I actually I have no issue. I have tested it and actually got few calls in the car while music was playing and the car picked it up and after hanging up the music resumed playing. This blue tooth actually is better for me because one x didn't send song info to the display, and the gs3 does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my phone and tested it with my car. I actually I have no issue. I have tested it and actually got few calls in the car while music was playing and the car picked it up and after hanging up the music resumed playing. This blue tooth actually is better for me because one x didn't send song info to the display, and the gs3 does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Lucky, I have to pair mine every time, it does not pair when I get in the car and it is still unable to do both at the same time. What kind of car do u have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non